Here are some pictures of my new monitors and my computer set-up. The pics with the LCD's are the newer pics, The album just has pics from my old set-up as well.

http://img94.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dsc01608w.jpg
It was more than time for you to upgrade from those CRTs to your sweet dual-22"ers. That's a goodly chunk of hardware you have stashed away there, and I have yet to understand how your DVDs are defying gravity.
KermMartian wrote:
It was more than time for you to upgrade from those CRTs to your sweet dual-22"ers. That's a goodly chunk of hardware you have stashed away there, and I have yet to understand how your DVDs are defying gravity.

Defying gravity? In which pic? Now Im curious how i can levitate DVDs without knowing. Smile
In #7, the photo is tilted so it looks like your DVD's are crammed in really tight so they can stay like such or that gravity has changed it's orientation! :O
comicIDIOT wrote:
In #7, the photo is tilted so it looks like your DVD's are crammed in really tight so they can stay like such or that gravity has changed it's orientation! :O

oh yeah! Heh I forgot I posted that picture too, lol. I guess it does look like their defying gravity...
KermMartian wrote:
It was more than time for you to upgrade from those CRTs to your sweet dual-22"ers.
Bah, generally speaking CRT > LCD. I can't wait for LED-based technology to come down in price (and up in lifespan) so we can go back to nice pure blacks and beautiful colour reproduction.
Nice little setup you got there Razz

I'ma wait for the prices to drop on LED displays and then I'll turn away from my CRTs Smile

EDIT: @benryves: Nice, lol. Opened the page about 5 minutes ago and didn't noticed you posted a reply! Laughing
benryves wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
It was more than time for you to upgrade from those CRTs to your sweet dual-22"ers.
Bah, generally speaking CRT > LCD. I can't wait for LED-based technology to come down in price (and up in lifespan) so we can go back to nice pure blacks and beautiful colour reproduction.

Yeah I also hope the LED ones come down in price soon too, so much better of a picture...

swivelgames wrote:
Nice little setup you got there Razz

I'ma wait for the prices to drop on LED displays and then I'll turn away from my CRTs Smile

I got sick of my CRT's.. They started taking up too much space, Though I think I ate up the space with the 22"s Very Happy
comicIDIOT wrote:

That's because the picture has changed orientation </obvious>
I've always liked my CRTs better then LCDs, thats why I'm yet to waste my money on one Smile

And it doesn't look like I'm going to have to anymore, now that LEDs are getting more and more popular Very Happy
rcfreak0 wrote:
Here are some pictures of my new monitors and my computer set-up. The pics with the LCD's are the newer pics, The album just has pics from my old set-up as well.

http://img94.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=dsc01608w.jpg

Well i got a new desk for christmas and here are some new pictures of it. Excuse the mess, im still moving stuff around.
http://img140.imageshack.us/g/dsc01620y.jpg/
Very nice, rcfreak! Look forward to seeing it with all your technology set up. Smile
LED backlighting only affects power consumption, it has no effect whatsoever on picture quality. That is why you will still see $1000+ monitors using CCFLs while cheap laptop displays use LEDs, because CCFLs can give *better* picture quality and a *wider* color gamut.

Not that it matters, you all probably buy cheap, crappy TN panels anyway and then think LEDs will make everything magically better Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
LED backlighting only affects power consumption, it has no effect whatsoever on picture quality.

Indeed, but who's talking about LED backlighting?
swivelgames wrote:
And it doesn't look like I'm going to have to anymore, now that LEDs are getting more and more popular Very Happy

benryves wrote:

There. I get the feeling that swivel might be thinking of OLED, rather than a LED backlight.
The Tari wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

benryves wrote:

There. I get the feeling that swivel might be thinking of OLED, rather than a LED backlight.
I get that impression as well, although Kllrnohj, you were sorta-necroposting by responding to that statement from November. Razz
The Tari wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

benryves wrote:

My Laptop has a nice WLED screen, the backlight is almost completely unneeded in most lighting. Though it does for some reason get a yellowish discoloration in the bottom left corner when left on for a long time so I need to talk to DELL on that.
The Tari wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

benryves wrote:

The only post I can see here about LED backlights is Kllrnohj's - all the others were about using LEDs as display elements instead of LCDs. At least, that was my understanding.
My computer set up is not huge but I am proud of (kind of) 2 network devices and an antenna above the monitor. xD

I need to show a picture sometime...

I still use a CRT, yay. (needs retirement because the image is foggy, not my vision).
And I am waiting the LEDs and OLEDs too... I don't like the brightness of LCD...
What you think about plasma screens?
Galandros wrote:
What you think about plasma screens?
Plasma screens generally have better picture quality than LCDs, but are generally very large (32" or bigger), use a lot of electricity and are more susceptible to burn-in. For a TV, then, they're great (if not very environmentally friendly), but I wouldn't use them as a computer monitor unless you want your taskbar to be permanently displayed.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours