Army officer who's a psychiatrist goes on a shooting spree.
I chuckled when I heard that on today's radio.
Ah well. Rolling Eyes
"Ah well"?

Sure it's ironic, but 12 people died on-scene because of this nut-case along side the 31 he injured. More of those injured have died in hospitals too. My brother Trevor was almost a victim of this massacre.
swivelgames wrote:
"Ah well"?

Sure it's ironic, but 12 people died on-scene because of this nut-case along side the 31 he injured. More of those injured have died in hospitals too. My brother Trevor was almost a victim of this massacre.

Not only that, but they didn't even manage to kill Hasan; go Army! Rolling Eyes
Actually, the person that stopped him was an onsite police officer.

Also, note how the guy is a Muslim.. hmm.. << Or more so, he has a Muslim name, haven't seen a pic of the guy. But from all accounts he was against the war and for the terrorists.
tifreak8x wrote:
Actually, the person that stopped him was an onsite police officer.

Yep; stopped by a 100 lbs female cop (former soldier) with a service pistol who shot him in the thighs and wrist (protip: aim for the torso)
regardless of what he was doing, they ARE told to try and neutralize someone without killing them. So she would have been doing her job, to make sure they were tried and convicted and all that.

I would have shot him through the heart myself..
tifreak8x wrote:
regardless of what he was doing, they ARE told to try and neutralize someone without killing them. So she would have been doing her job, to make sure they were tried and convicted and all that.

I would have shot him through the heart myself..

True, but the Army's just going to execute him anyways; putting an 89ยข bullet through his heart is so much more efficient than spending thousands of dollars on a trial, lawyers, hospital fees, lethal injection, etc.
This is true. I would've shot him a couple hundred times in the chest.

He had been in the Army for quite a long time too, I was surprised. Although the Muslim Activists Group claims they had nothing to do with it.
well duh, shooting him to death would be too easy.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
(protip: aim for the torso)
Quick tip: Torso is easily covered by a flak jacket or bullet proof vest. Not much armour goes around the legs & arms as for there are no vital organs (however arms & legs each have their own major artery).

So shooting him in the thighs was probably the best way to stop the man without wasting a clip trying to shoot through a vest.
swivelgames wrote:
This is true. I would've shot him a couple hundred times in the chest.

He had been in the Army for quite a long time too, I was surprised. Although the Muslim Activists Group claims they had nothing to do with it.

Once would do it just as well, and dead is dead either way.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quick tip: Torso is easily covered by a flak jacket or bullet proof vest. Not much armour goes around the legs & arms as for there are no vital organs (however arms & legs each have their own major artery).

So shooting him in the thighs was probably the best way to stop the man without wasting a clip trying to shoot through a vest.

That's great, but he wasn't wearing a vest.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

All fine and dandy. I never said he was Smile
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

All fine and dandy. I never said he was Smile

Then why shoot at the legs again?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Maybe she thought he was wearing.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Maybe she thought he was wearing.

Why would she assume that before shooting him in the chest?
Shooting for legs or arms is flat out retarded. Either shoot for the chest or go for the head. Shoot to kill, never shoot to wound. Theres no sense in taking the risk to wound, or taking the risk to hit an arm or a leg and missing. If you're a good marksman, shoot for the head and get it over with. If you're not a good marksman, unload your whole clip on his chest slow enough that you can keep a bead on it.
I lol'ed.
swivelgames wrote:
Shooting for legs or arms is flat out retarded. Either shoot for the chest or go for the head. Shoot to kill, never shoot to wound. Theres no sense in taking the risk to wound, or taking the risk to hit an arm or a leg and missing. If you're a good marksman, shoot for the head and get it over with. If you're not a good marksman, unload your whole clip on his chest slow enough that you can keep a bead on it.

Headshots aren't a good idea irl; it's too easy to miss. You generally aim for the chest, as that's the largest target. Failing that(like in the case of an army officer who could very well be wearing a vest) the thighs are a good target too, as they are large enough to hit, and severely hinder mobility. And srsly, enough with the anti-muslim sentiments. They aren't evil by nature, any more than Christians are just because of large hate groups like the KKK and WBC. They believe in the same God the Christians and Jews believe in, just in a different way.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours