» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Add more? I saw a tron map actually... it was pretty fun. every 10 or so seconds, some cars come out and crash into each other, if you manage to ride on them before that... well... FUN
We should work with what we got, or delete those we hardly play.
KermMartian wrote:
A thought: I think we've pretty much mastered the VCTF maps we currently have, with the possibly exceptions of GreenForest and EasterIsland, on both of which we struggle. Any suggestions?
I vote for more games of CTF, esp. PhaseShift.
qazz42 wrote:
Add more? I saw a tron map actually... it was pretty fun. every 10 or so seconds, some cars come out and crash into each other, if you manage to ride on them before that... well... FUN

I want
comicIDIOT wrote:
We should work with what we got, or delete those we hardly play.
KermMartian wrote:
A thought: I think we've pretty much mastered the VCTF maps we currently have, with the possibly exceptions of GreenForest and EasterIsland, on both of which we struggle. Any suggestions?
I vote for more games of CTF, esp. PhaseShift.
Sounds great to me, no objections! Let's try to be sure to play big maps when we have a lot of people and not otherwise, and hold positions, because otherwise we get slaughtered. Smile
Dontar wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

I want

I should try to find the link later. The map was pretty fricken awesome! Very Happy
Kerm & I messing around in Deadlius or w/e that map is.

Sonlen, what do you think of "Jumping Cars" as a map idea?
I had fun with that; thanks for recording and posting it up. If there was some sort of map where players could use launchers (so the bots wouldn't feel left out) but to use vehicles you would have to elevator-jump vehicles up to ramps or something, I feel like that could be a very fun VCTF map.
*bump* I'm trying out the following new maps:

http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/VCTFWGSBedrooms2k4;29215
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/VCTF_WGS_Twilight;38843
http://unrealtournament2004.filefront.com/file/VCTFWGSCircuitCity;36897
that twlight map looks alot like this map I found where, if using a flying vehicle, you can find prons..... just saying....

and btw, do you think you can add a new game mode using the ballistic weapons mod? It is SUPER FUN, and I mean REALLY, SUPER, FUN, once you get it installed Very Happy
I've been staunchly against weapons mods other than the Pro Sniper for several reasons, not the least of which was all the bugs and crashes that my friend Nick's UT2004 game had when he installed just about every map, weapon, mutator, and character pack in existence.
KermMartian wrote:
I've been staunchly against weapons mods other than the Pro Sniper for several reasons, not the least of which was all the bugs and crashes that my friend Nick's UT2004 game had when he installed just about every map, weapon, mutator, and character pack in existence.

Hmm, good point. Although I will say that it is one of the most popular mod. Wait, another problem is that you need to install the 3339 patch... something you might not want to do x.x (Idk if it will affect gameplay and whatnot :/ I have not had much time for fooling around with it.)
KermMartian wrote:

he probably had problems due to incompatabilites with multiple mods..

I know if I try to use Ballistic Weapons and UT2004RPG at same time, it crashes...

ballistic weapons wont cause any problems, even with the pro sniper rifle (you just end up having more than 1 sniper rifle sometimes)

VCTF is UBER-EPIC with Ballistic Weapons and Ballistic Vehicles...
Ack, I really dislike UT2004RPG, I guess it really is not my style :/

ah well, I guess single player games it is for me then Very Happy

EDIT: NVM, not the map
Edit: Qazz removed the link Razz

Kerm and I played the new maps yesterday and found that Bedroom was insanely laggy. I think a certain SON of a LEN will have to fix it Wink Just Joking Twilight was a cool map, with some awesome twists Smile For instance... Actually, I'll let you find out Wink We started to play the last one, but I guess Kerm lagged out, or I did, or he was AFK, or something. Anyways, I tried it for a few, and it seems like it will be a fun map to play. It did take me forever (as usual) to find the flag :/
_player1537 wrote:
Edit: Qazz removed the link Razz

Kerm and I played the new maps yesterday and found that Bedroom was insanely laggy. I think a certain SON of a LEN will have to fix it Wink Just Joking Twilight was a cool map, with some awesome twists Smile For instance... Actually, I'll let you find out Wink We started to play the last one, but I guess Kerm lagged out, or I did, or he was AFK, or something. Anyways, I tried it for a few, and it seems like it will be a fun map to play. It did take me forever (as usual) to find the flag :/
There is a find flag/base button that works assuming the map is properly botpathed.
The M & N buttons will guide you, but the trajector/guide moves somewhat fast, so you'll have to press it a bit to get there.
comicIDIOT wrote:
Kerm & I messing around in Deadlius or w/e that map is.

Sonlen, what do you think of "Jumping Cars" as a map idea?

I believe there is already a mod that does that, just not to that extreme, I think it would be nice to have them jump, just not enough to catch a ride on a raptor or something similar. :p
No, not jumping cars, but to free the cars from a "cave" you'd have to launch them out.
Yup, those new maps were a blast. Smile _player, don't let me forget to install the TwoTowers map too at some point.
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, those new maps were a blast. Smile _player, don't let me forget to install the TwoTowers map too at some point.

Another one? Link please?
Also, if there are any map tweaks or even maps you think would be fun for other game types, just let me know. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 44 of 49
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours