» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
well, what do you think? Would you add that map or not? (not to be pushy or anything Smile)
qazz42 wrote:
well, what do you think? Would you add that map or not? (not to be pushy or anything Smile)
Which, the vampire map? Sonlen said it's 50MB, which is very excessive for my poor little server (and all the clients as well), is there any way to shrink it?
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:
Which, the vampire map? Sonlen said it's 50MB, which is very excessive for my poor little server (and all the clients as well), is there any way to shrink it?

I can take a look at it and see what I could do, and keep the map the same.
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Aye Aye captian, we are doing that right now in fact. I think we should just delete the room with the coffin, or just get rid of the pictures. what say you Sonlen?
Is it that big of a map? If it's a relatively small map, there's no reason it should be 50MB. It might have way overly complex geometries, the textures can probably be made more coarse, etc.
qazz42 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
qazz42 wrote:

Aye Aye captian, we are doing that right now in fact. I think we should just delete the room with the coffin, or just get rid of the pictures. what say you Sonlen?

I say it needs to be made bigger, it is wide open, 2 rooms in all, though one has a couple sections on the side, but in all, about the size of 2 two story house's without walls.

Also I am going to be looking into making a way for PS3 and PC versions of UT3 able to play on the same server, anyone out there want to take a shot at helping me test and etc...?
I am installing CFW onto my PS3 here before long, so hopefully I can get something going with what that enables.
I'll help with the PS3 end.

Point me to CFW D:
I wish I knew when you plan on Invasion games...I like that mode
I dont think we do invasion really.... do we? D:
Dontar wrote:
I wish I knew when you plan on Invasion games...I like that mode
We don't actually play Invasion that much, but if you played on the server more, I'm sure you could persuade us. We usually go with VCTF or DM; you don't like those modes?
I dont like deathmatch because im no good against humans..'

the modes I like and play most are

Assault
Onslaught
CTF
Dontar wrote:
I dont like deathmatch because im no good against humans..'

the modes I like and play most are

Assault
Onslaught
CTF
We play tons of VCTF in the humans vs. bots mode at a BotRatio of 3 bots per human; you should play it with us!
Yeah, play if you like getting your assed kicked by the bots Razz

btw, what do you do in onslaught? I remember something about power nodes...
qazz42 wrote:
Yeah, play if you like getting your assed kicked by the bots Razz

btw, what do you do in onslaught? I remember something about power nodes...
Onslaught is one of my very favorite modes, but I prefer to play it with my friend Arcades Sabbouth/ElderofMagic. No offense to the Cemetechians, but I haven't had much success trying to play Onslaught with you guys. Wink And Qazz, we always destroy the bots in VCTF...
What is Onslaught?
Get on the server now and we'll play it Smile
souvik1997 wrote:
What is Onslaught?
It's a mode with power nodes, etc, a team game. You'll have to try it out with us at some point.
You have a base, the enemy has a base. You have to connect you're base to theirs by connect nodes from your base to theirs.

When the nodes you control finally link to theirs, you can attack their base-node. Be careful though, there's often more than one way to link to the opposite base-node. So, if you're not careful you will have your base-node vulnerable as well as theirs. A way to counter is to control all the nodes connecting to their base-node.
A thought: I think we've pretty much mastered the VCTF maps we currently have, with the possibly exceptions of GreenForest and EasterIsland, on both of which we struggle. Any suggestions?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 43 of 49
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours