Dontar wrote:
xlibman wrote:
I might play more often when I finally upgrade from my Intel Celeron 2.93 GHz with PCI ATI Radeon 9250+ 128 MB to something that isn't several decades old.

is that 128 meg video or ram?

you have DOUBLE the recommended processor speed for UT2K4 Shock you be able to run good if you have enough ram
Yeah, but a Celeron? Ugh, worst FPU until the Intel Atom. Razz
Look what I found today:

[More]

I've also been thinking about making our own load screens for the game. I'm not sure if there can be more than the four the game already supports but it'd be cool to have one of each of us!

What do you guys think?
That reminds me, Jonimus and I were chatting one day (and I think comicIDIOT/comicMAN/comicSANS and rcfreak0 were there too), and we decided Cemetech players could use some kind of tag to identify their origin. We were thinking either something straightforward like [CT] or [CMT], or something backhanded like [TBG] (the better gamers) or [z80]. Thoughts?
KermMartian wrote:
(and I think comicIDIOT/comicMAN/comicSANS and rcfreak0 were there too)Thoughts?
comic will do to sum up all my aliases Razz

I like that. Maybe even original, like how ]BcRc[ is.I don't think CMT would work, as that's the abbr. of Country Music Television. I hold nothing against the TV station but I don't want folks to think we're some country lovin' folk P:

CT could work or CEME. We'll have to get more feedback on this Razz
CTech tag?
Dontar wrote:
xlibman wrote:
I might play more often when I finally upgrade from my Intel Celeron 2.93 GHz with PCI ATI Radeon 9250+ 128 MB to something that isn't several decades old.

is that 128 meg video or ram?

you have DOUBLE the recommended processor speed for UT2K4 Shock you be able to run good if you have enough ram
128 MB Video. My RAM is 1 GB

My CPU would be fine for several games that came out in the past few years. But when you have a mobo with no AGP/PCI-E slots, you can't go far in terms of video cards.

Oh and UT2k4 works on this, it would just be fun to get something else than 15 FPS on large maps and 25 on smaller ones even at low settings. It would be easier to play too.
Dontar wrote:
CTech tag?
CTech isn't bad at all.

@XLibMan, 15FPS? That's pretty harsh. Sad
Yeah, it could be worse, though. *cough*ROL3*cough*
KermMartian wrote:
That reminds me, Jonimus and I were chatting one day (and I think comicIDIOT/comicMAN/comicSANS and rcfreak0 were there too), and we decided Cemetech players could use some kind of tag to identify their origin. We were thinking either something straightforward like [CT] or [CMT], or something backhanded like [TBG] (the better gamers) or [z80]. Thoughts?

I like [Z80], but I'm probably biased since my alternate alias in some places is Tari-z80.
Kerm decided on [CT] tag for ingame
The Tari wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I like [Z80], but I'm probably biased since my alternate alias in some places is Tari-z80.

I second the Vote for Z80, though I will use [CT] if that is what is finally decided upon.
Dontar wrote:
Kerm decided on [CT] tag for ingame
Well, Kerm decided on CT at least temporarily, because there's a sixteen-char limit on aliases in UT2004. I can remove the underscore in my handle to fit [z80] if that's what we eventually decide upon, although I'll be sad to let it go. Smile
I like [z80].
what is z80?
Its the Processor in the TI-8x series Calculators. Which this site was originally founded around.
TheStorm wrote:
Its the Processor in the TI-8x series Calculators. Which this site was originally founded around.
And remains centered around, if I may be so bold as to insist! Very Happy
Am I the only person who's here primarily for Freebuild who knows what a calculator is? No offense, of course, I"m just wondering.
EmperorWiggy wrote:
Am I the only person who's here primarily for Freebuild who knows what a calculator is? No offense, of course, I"m just wondering.
You might be one who is most familiar with what calculator work goes on here, since you've been here for a very long time, but I would imagine the others are starting to (if they haven't already) gained a marginal understanding.
Here are some shots from some recent games:
I was playing offline. That was quite a feat to actually land as well.

Recent Games:

Jonimus, KermMartian & I held this spot for at least 18minutes out the 25 minute match. Defended successfully, then attacked the entire map in two minutes forty-one seconds.

We were another minute from finishing Confexia, 2v3 (KermMartian & I versus three bots).

Oh, another thing, Player Stats:
KermMartian
comicIDIOT

Anyone else have stats enabled?
is there a mutator or something to RESET the timelimit between half-rounds(aka from being attacker to defender)? I have to have the timelimit set pretty high so each team gets enough time to do objectives

like on Outback (the beer one), I have timelimit set to 20 minutes, it takes me 15 minutes to beat that phase (slow computer, good bots, etc) that leaves blue team only 5 minutes to attack. so I end up always winning the defend the objective phase..

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 49
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours