I need help to set up my website and i was wondering if anybody wanted to help and be staffon the site. Its gonna be a TI site I would really like for you to Kerm if you dont mind ecause you really inspire me to get started and that be fantastic if you were one of my staff members?

*Please*

Xeno Also you
steelersfan1693 wrote:
I need help to set up my website and i was wondering if anybody wanted to help and be staffon the site. Its gonna be a TI site I would really like for you to Kerm if you dont mind ecause you really inspire me to get started and that be fantastic if you were one of my staff members?

*Please*

Xeno Also you

I don't know php, and I know very little HTML. Sorry Sad
Crying
I would but I don't think you've proven yourself good enough at anything TI related yet.
lafferjm wrote:
I would but I don't think you've proven yourself good enough at anything TI related yet.

Seconded, I would help but:
1: I would need more details
2: You need to be very good at something you run a site about
3: You need to have enough understanding of how stuff works to get a site started before you can even hope of doing this and having it be your site, if it is your site you should be doing most of the admin work which it sounds like you don't know how to do.
I have been studying this website along with the likes of calcgames.org, tibasicdev.wikidot, tifreakware.net, and United Ti and you get the picture. Plus I've been reading tutorials on TIcalc.org's Archives

There how is that for grammar and sentence completion. Question Smile
steelersfan1693 wrote:
Ive been studying it and site like this Ticalc.org,calcgames,org,tibasicdev.wikidot,basicguru,tifreakware,unitedti,etc and i feel i am ready and by the way you havent seen the site to know or even have the knowledge of what has and has been done so far. So what makes you think you can

Not to mention ive been reading tutorials on the cal.org archives
My favorite place for tutorials has always been TI-Freak8x's impressive archive thereof:
http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/
steelersfan1693 wrote:
Ive been studying it and site like this Ticalc.org,calcgames,org,tibasicdev.wikidot,basicguru,tifreakware,unitedti,etc and i feel i am ready and by the way you havent seen the site to know or even have the knowledge of what has and has been done so far. So what makes you think you can

Not to mention ive been reading tutorials on the cal.org archives

First you need better grammar and sentence completion. Second the way it was made to sound you needed help to start it not help to finish it, if you have the site basically done you should post a link so we can get a feel of the site you are asking us to help with. Third studying does not always mean you understand it or can use it effectively.
Ok fine I think that is a reasonable request. Give me a second please.

Ok it is:
www.gamerzstar.webs.com
Free templates ftw! Very Happy
What??
He is saying that the site you currently using, uses a free template.
lafferjm, It's a difficult concept to understand, give him some time. Smile
steelersfan1693 wrote:
I have been studying this website along with the likes of calcgames.org, tibasicdev.wikidot, tifreakware.net, and United Ti and you get the picture. Plus I've been reading tutorials on TIcalc.org's Archives

When you can write your own tutorials, then make a site.
steelersfan1693 wrote:
Ok fine I think that is a reasonable request. Give me a second please.

Ok it is:
www.gamerzstar.webs.com

I personally do not like the concept of free website systems where you just say I want this and it happens, I like to have more control of what is on the site and how it is set up than that allows, I also think that they often lock you in, I am not sure about this one but many force you to stay with them if you do not want to lose everything.
guys, come on. this freewebs page is clearly the epitome of web page design.

@Anthony
Come up with an idea. What will the function of this site be? If it's just a forum, what will that forum focus on? No one wants to help someone who really isn't stating anything more than "manage a website for me."

http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
Quote:
What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions. People like that are time sinks — they take without giving back, and they waste time we could have spent on another question more interesting and another person more worthy of an answer. We call people like this 'losers'.
rthprog wrote:
http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
"What we are, unapologetically, is hostile to people who seem to be unwilling to think or to do their own homework before asking questions. People like that are time sinks — they take without giving back, and they waste time we could have spent on another question more interesting and another person more worthy of an answer. We call people like this 'losers'."

That is a good link I will bookmark that for when someone asks me a question that shows they need that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours