This happens every time a word is longer than the size of the window.

Edit: BTW, I have IE8.
I will break your frames until you get Firefaux.
I have IE8 too Razz
Solution: Don't use IE8
Kllrnohj wrote:

Problem: I'm not an admin, and the admin won't let me get any other browser.
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

In Fx, the strict CSS on the box forces a wrap, but I'll write some code forbidding long non-link words anyway.
KermMartian wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

In Fx, the strict CSS on the box forces a wrap, but I'll write some code forbidding long non-link words anyway.

yeah, Kerm! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Solution: Become admin.
Solution2: Put linux on a thumbdrive and use that instead.
Or install browser of choice to a flashdrive and run it.
foamy3 wrote:

You can do that? as a non-admin?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

You can run it as a non-admin. To install it, you'd have to use a different computer (ie. friend's house?).
foamy3 wrote:
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

You can run it as a non-admin. To install it, you'd have to use a different computer (ie. friend's house?).

So you install it on their comupter to ur flash drive, then run it from there?

Or do you install it to their cpu, drag the exe to ur flash drive, and run it?
On the friend's computer, run the installation program. When it asks you where to install it, the default option will be C:/ProgramFiles or something like that. Change the path to F: (or whatever your flashdrive is). Uncheck any options for start menu shortcuts and stuff, then finish the install. Now, plug the flashdrive into your computer and run the exe that is on the flashdrive.
foamy3 wrote:
On the friend's computer, run the installation program. When it asks you where to install it, the default option will be C:/ProgramFiles or something like that. Change the path to F: (or whatever your flashdrive is). Uncheck any options for start menu shortcuts and stuff, then finish the install. Now, plug the flashdrive into your computer and run the exe that is on the flashdrive.

Gotcha. Thnx. I'm gettin Firefox!

Edit: I have family Safety on my laptop. Will that check my websites in firefox, too?
Xeno_Cre8or wrote:

Gotcha. Thnx. I'm gettin Firefox!

Edit: I have family Safety on my laptop. Will that check my websites in firefox, too?

Err, I'm not sure of the specifics of Family Safety, but I would think that it would...
http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable
For what it's worth, check out word-wrap: break-word to fix the issue in IE. The text-wrap property is still not very well supported. Sad
benryves wrote:
For what it's worth, check out word-wrap: break-word to fix the issue in IE. The text-wrap property is still not very well supported. Sad

How do I implement that?
Open Notepad and copy in the following text:

Code:
#ajaxinfobox { word-wrap: break-word; }

Save the file as "style.css" somewhere sensible. In IE, go Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Accessibility button, Format documents using my style sheet, browse for the file you saved above.

Really, though, this fix should be implemented on the server side, not the client side. Smile
benryves wrote:
Open Notepad and copy in the following text:

Code:
#ajaxinfobox { word-wrap: break-word; }

Save the file as "style.css" somewhere sensible. In IE, go Tools, Internet Options, General tab, Accessibility button, Format documents using my style sheet, browse for the file you saved above.

Really, though, this fix should be implemented on the server side, not the client side. Smile

It still shifts the stuff over, as if it still thinks it's not wordwrapping.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours