Situation 1
Some intense work is going in to the current project I'm working on at work, and I've been working on this project, practically alone, for almost 3 months. Because of my boss's lack of instruction and inability to refrain from venturing on two or three week-vacations during a major project like this, the project halted it's progress. After returning from his vacations I resumed work on the project with the help of Matt (partner, also my supervisor on my first project there), and Tim (my boss). Passing up the deadline was excepted, sadly, and we've been quickly compiling the project as fast as possible. I've been working weekends, and nights to get this project done.

Situation 2
Graduating high school (finally) wasn't very hectic, but that soon changed after my attempts at transitioning in to college (isn't this usually easier then this??). At our graduation, we were given a form with which we would supply the school with information regarding the colleges we were looking at, and which ones we needed transcripts and TAKS scores to be sent to. After completing mine, turning it in, etc... I noticed that Collin College didn't receive my transcript or TAKS info, so I contacted the HS multiple times and requested that it be sent. After not being able to get my info sent, I drove up there (while my car was still intact) and filled out another transcript request form and submitted it. In June I finished registering for Collin College and was quickly accepted, but still no transcript. I was told that it takes quite a long time for the transcripts to be submitted to the system so I shouldn't worry about it anymore. Just to be sure my transcript actually got sent this time, I decided to talk to Hebron just to make sure. Being reassured by the Hebron staff again I decided to let it go and just worry about it later. The time finally came to start registering classes, but my attempts failed continually. Again, my transcripts and TAKS scores weren't yet in the system.

Situation 3
After the prompt purchase of, what appeared to be, a 1997 Honda Accord with well-documented maintenance, I quickly found that the vehicle my father bought for me (Yeah, I'm poor, stfu) was faulty. Driving at about 70mph for about 70, out of the 120 I was aiming for, miles down the highway, nearing my destination, the engine light illuminated and my car slowly began to decelerate. Large amounts of the car appeared to be in great shape, but the simple, optional things (spark plugs, water filter, fuel pump, timing belts) were incredibly outdated. My mechanic concluded that the timing belt broke and queried me at $1,250 for the rebuilding of a 13 year old motor with over 200 grand on it. Yeah... F*ck that. The fact he offered to rebuild the motor in the first place made me suspicious. Me, being a sibling of auto mechanics (3) and a somewhat knowledgeable motorist myself, declined the offer (obviously) and asked him to estimate me on a motor swap, excluding the cost of the motor. The motor that would be placed in would be the exact same motor, but brand new. I was to purchase a new F22B1 OBDII and have them, Dallas Precision Imports, install it. For how much you ask? $1,100. Their persistent attempts at ripping me off, well, pissed me off. I quickly moved the car to a new mechanic who would then do the whole swap for $350. Great mechanic, know him personally, and he did a price match for another great mechanic in Richardson (within 30mi. of here). Complications led to the engine swap being completed in 7 business days, instead of two. With a brand new engine, and a gorgeous sound, I was home free... I thought.

Less then two weeks after I got my car back, I would come to find that JDMEngineCorp (a highly respected engine company I purchased from), sent me a faulty motor that split a cam and spun a rod....already. I am not the kind of person to continually beat on my car, especially if my car is 13 years old. With the autocross event around the corner, I had no time to fix it before the race. Fortunately, and unfortunately, my brother was not going to be able to attend it with me and therefore I would not attend either (whats a race with out my coach and mechanic?).

I tried, for about a week and a half, to contact JDMEngineCorp to get a new motor, as mine was still under warranty, but they would not listen. Finally, about to threaten them with legal action, I came in contact with a manager instead of the normal rep (who would constantly tell me the manager wasn't there). Willing to help, he agreed to help me get a new motor and to honor my warranty (with out me having to mention my lawyer... yay Smile ), and all I needed was for my current mechanic (Derek from "Lazerface Garages") to send in a written description of the problem, a copy of his mechanic certification and then to send the deliver the motor back to JDMEngineCorp.

It has now be almost a month and the bastard Derek still hasn't written that damned essay and continues to ignore my calls. At this point I'm almost completely certain my warranty will not be honored, and that I have no legal leverage over JDMEngineCorp.

Situations 4 and 5
For the past two weeks my phone has become progressingly worse. To the point where it no longer works. However, I recently bought a new phone, and it got here yesterday evening. Yay! Smile
But on top of my not having my phone that whole time, I haven't seen Megan since the problems started happening. After my phone went out I was completely out of contact with her for a while and still haven't seen her since (although we've texted recently and spoke on the homephone).

How the situations combine in to one big clusterf*ck
I was on my way to Collin College to finish getting my college stuff figured out once and for all. I had it all ready and it was going to be finished for good right then and there. However, on my way, my car forced me to pull it in to a parking lot and waste yet another one of my free-towing passes for the year (Thats 3/4 folks...). The spun cam and thrown rod really threw me off and I was stuck with my car not being functional, and my highschool being a b*tch about my transcript. Thankfully, my job wasn't a problem cause my project was on hold. Continuing through the year, I was unable to get rides and fix my transcript problem. This told me one thing, pretty much... No college for you (at least not this semester). I wasn't about to pay the city thousands of dollars this semester to sit on a transit for 3 hours just to take me to school, and then repeat the process at the end of the day. Might as well live at the school! I thought I was just going to have to work full-time, which I was doing a pretty good job of, for this semester and then go 50-50 next semester like I was going to do this semester. But yesterday, my Dad decided to change all that. "Surprise! You're going to Collin College to figure your sh*t out Joseph!" With out being able to present the argue of it being too late and that I couldn't miss even one day of work because my project had resumed, my Dad decided to drag me up there anyway. I expected him to come in with me, but he quickly drove off after I got out of the car. Stranded up at Collin College from ~8a to ~7p, I had absolutely NOTHING to do. After I pleaded to Collin College a bit, but didn't have the things I was prepared with before, I could do nothing else but waste money on the pay phone calling me Dad asking him when the f*ck he'd be coming to pick me up again. After getting home, my computer started acting up too (Cool! Very Happy) and, although I managed to activate my phone, my PC decided to turn off and on as it saw fit. Ignoring the problem and going to bed after a long, pointless day, I awoke the next morning to find my father hovering over my dead body explaining that today I would dropping him off at work and would be using the car for the rest of the day. In an attempt to use this opportunity to finally figure my sh*t out, I began digging through my room and file folders for the work I collected to straighten out my transcript problem. College, atm, was the most important thing to figure out. But guess what?! SH*T WASN'T THERE. I went to my HS and talked to them about sending my transcript again, and they said they would. But even if they did this time, it wouldn't get there in time. School started Monday Wink

Again, with nothing to do, I decided to stick around Collin College with a couple friends until about 4 when I would go meet Megan at the HS after she got out. But my Dad needed the car back before then so that idea dissipated quickly. I decided to then call my boss, knowing he'd be wondering what was going on. I told him the situation about yesterday and gave him my new mobile number. After getting home I found an email he sent me earlier that morning about my "missing-in-action" the previous day. Here's what it read...
Quote:
Joseph,

I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to trying to be doing my work and not be able to contact you. You need to call me today and you must NEVER go missing in action like this again if you want to continue to work for L** B**** Media. I am holding your next payment until we talk and work out a specific plan on how this is NOT going to happen again.

Tim B***
L** B**** Media, Corp.
http : // www . l***b****media . com /
000-000-1933 office
000-000-2385 fax
000-000-3989 mobile

Today is my father's birthday. Happy birthday day, prick. Because of you, I almost lost my incredible job that I got by chance.

And all this stress is making me miss Megan so much more.
TL;DR VERSION

Situation 1
Boss on vacation, work on hold

Situation 2
High School won't send transcript to college. F*ck.

Situation 3
Car is broken.

Situation 4
New phone! I miss my gf

Clusterf*ck
Unreliable transportation; annoying father; high school is unfamiliar with postal system; boredom; shitty boss; annoying father; I miss my gf
I'm not sure if its all this stress that's making me hysterical, or the late hour, but that post made me laugh incredibly hard. Laughing

I needed that, actually. Razz
If you end up not going to college this semester we can play online games all winter Razz
Yay! Smile lol

I'll also be working Full-time if I don't go to school, but since I work from home it'll be pretty laid back for the most part. And I'll also have fixed hours. So no working late nights (well, not usually) and no working weekends (hopefully). Yet another that deserves a Yay! Smile

But then again, if I don't go to school, I'll be paying my Dad rent or moving out. He doesn't seem to like the idea of me making money with out hammering myself with school at the same time.
swivelgames wrote:
Yay! Smile 0x5

I'll also be working Full-time if I don't go to school, but since I work from home it'll be pretty laid back for the most part. And I'll also have fixed hours. So no working late nights (well, not usually) and no working weekends (hopefully). Yet another that deserves a Yay! Smile

But then again, if I don't go to school, I'll be paying my Dad rent or moving out. He doesn't seem to like the idea of me making money with out hammering myself with school at the same time.

Moving out on one's own is expensive Sad
Indeed it is. But with a corporate job it should be a tad bit easier. Either way I'm going to have to pay a sh*tload for random crap just cause my Dad wants me to. Like the time he tried to make me pay him back for hiring a lawn service cause I wouldn't mow the lawns. It's like, really dude? The answer is No... We live in a huge a** house and the only one who kept this place up before was me.

The most recent one pertained to my phone. Even though I hardly ever use my phone, he claims I charged up $90 in phone calls and ate up all 4,000 of our rollover minutes. After my phone died, I bought a new phone and requested that my number be transferred over to my new service (since I'm paying for my own service from now on) and he denied it and tried to use it as leverage to get me to do extra chores and random bullsh*t around the house. I went ahead and bought the phone and told ATT to assign me a new number and now he has to pay $150 to cut my line from his service since he didn't want to transfer it. This is the same exact thing that happened with him and my sister. Dude doesn't learn, does he? What a fool.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Yay! Smile 0x5

Amen to that. Razz
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
swivelgames wrote:
Yay! Smile 0x5

Amen to that. Razz

Now that I'm moving back in with my parents I'll be getting various security deposits back though Very Happy
Enough to pay off your enormous debt? Sad
Here is a crazy idea. If your dad drags your a all over the place, CALL YOUR BOSS YOU IDIOT. Not being able to work for a day is never the problem, its the complete lack of communication that is the problem. I've never worked for a company that didn't seriously punish or fire people who were MIA - yet none of them really had any problems with people calling off in emergency situations (and being stranded definitely counts as an "emergency situation")

As for your car, next time don't be an idiot. Get used cars thoroughly checked out by a real mechanic *before* you buy them. Also, avoid the friends who think they are mechanics but don't actually have a shop crowd - as you have found out, they tend to have ultra shitty support since they have nothing on the line. A shop, on the other hand, has an actual reputation to uphold if they want to stay in business.

Honestly, your whole rant reads like a big giant "here is a list of stupid shit I did that led to a clusterfuck!". Except for maybe the school thing.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Here is a crazy idea. If your dad drags your a all over the place, CALL YOUR BOSS YOU IDIOT. Not being able to work for a day is never the problem, its the complete lack of communication that is the problem. I've never worked for a company that didn't seriously punish or fire people who were MIA - yet none of them really had any problems with people calling off in emergency situations (and being stranded definitely counts as an "emergency situation")
Did I forget to mention the part where I didn't have my phone? Along with that, I rely too much on my technology... I don't have my boss's number memorized. Would probably be a good idea though... Neutral

Kllrnohj wrote:
As for your car, next time don't be an idiot. Get used cars thoroughly checked out by a real mechanic *before* you buy them. Also, avoid the friends who think they are mechanics but don't actually have a shop crowd - as you have found out, they tend to have ultra a support since they have nothing on the line. A shop, on the other hand, has an actual reputation to uphold if they want to stay in business.
I also mentioned that it was my father who bought the car, did I not? I really didn't have much choice in that situation. The mechanic I was referred to was highly recommended by a large amount of people, but he also has about 3+ projects that he's working on at once. So once I get my car up there and don't have something for him immediately its kinda hard for him to fit me back in. It's not a mechanic; It's a business. Regardless, it's ridiculous that he's taking this long. He does have a reputation to uphold though, but he seems to have ruined that... The engine itself was not Derek's problem; JDMEngineCorp sent me a bad motor, it happens.

Kllrnohj wrote:
Honestly, your whole rant reads like a big giant "here is a list of stupid shit I did that led to a clusterfuck!". Except for maybe the school thing.
Thanks Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Enough to pay off your enormous debt? Sad

Nope; just enough to buy some things for my room i.e. bookcase, bed stuff, etc.
Damn Bad Idea

C'mon Kerm... You censor the word damn? Neutral
Hehe Laughing
a indeed Sad
Dammit!

hehe
swivelgames wrote:
Dammit!

hehe

You sure showed Kerm's word filter Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Did I forget to mention the part where I didn't have my phone? Along with that, I rely too much on my technology... I don't have my boss's number memorized. Would probably be a good idea though... Neutral

Quote:
After I pleaded to Collin College a bit, but didn't have the things I was prepared with before, I could do nothing else but waste money on the pay phone calling me Dad

Sounds to me like you had a phone available. Hell, you could have asked your dad to borrow his while he was driving you down there. Get your boss's card and put it in your wallet.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Sounds to me like you had a phone available.
Swivelgames wrote:
Did I forget to mention the part where I didn't have my phone? Along with that, I rely too much on my technology... I don't have my boss's number memorized. Would probably be a good idea though...

Kllrnohj wrote:
Hell, you could have asked your dad to borrow his while he was driving you down there. Get your boss's card and put it in your wallet.
My Dad's far from that nice dude. His comment to that is "That's not my problem, so I'm not going to let you waste my minutes over it."

You seem to be drilling me pretty hard Kllrnohj. Are you out to get me or something? Or joining the club with allynfolkjr, being a worthless troll?

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
You sure showed Kerm's word filter Razz
I try Very Happy
lol, think of the troll as your devil's advocate, a positive force to help you examine the situation. And I feel your pain, I need my personal ID items for a government ID and I'm having a heck of a time getting them from parentals.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours