When I try to run MSD8x to access a flash drive (512MB, FAT16), MSD8x gives me this error:
ERROR 1207

A problem occurred and msd8x cannot continue.

If I plug in a mouse and use usbtool's mouse demo, it freezes my calc, and the light on the mouse doesn't go on either. If I do it with a keyboard (it has an integrated hub, that might be the problem) it gives me ERROR:0700. I am using a USB mini-A male to A female adapter, and my 89t will supply power to the device, then will tell me the device is not supported (expected). I remember doing something with that one utility app (can't remember the name) that lets you view and edit port values, and the values of the relevant ports would change if I plugged in a device, so I know that my USB hardware isn't completely broken. I've tried upgrading my OS, resetting all, and other stuff, but still now working USB. Directlink does not work (linux x64 and winXP x64) but silverlink does. Is there a known fix for this?
I could have sworn that it only worked with FAT drives, not FAT32. Can someone back me up or refute me on that?
Actually, it should have read FAT16. My mistake.
It is known that some Drives just don't work, BrandonW has no clue why but you could have one of those drives. BTW what version of MSD8x are you using, there is a newer one than the one on TIcalc which can be found in http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/ I'd see if the newer one works or it could just be that be that your drive is one of the few that just don't work.
I tried it with two drives, one is a generic 512MB drive, the other is a 4GB corsair voyager. They both give error 1207.
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=83Plus:Software:usb8x/Error_Codes has a listing of the error codes.

1207 means something just broke in initialization. I've seen some devices (like my USB missile launchers) that just will not work for some reason. We will never understand why that's the case.

I recommend trying another drive, especially Lexar drives, which have never failed me.

Brand new from-the-package batteries, RAM resets, and other voodoo magic can also sometimes work.
I'm thinking this is something else though. I've had a keyboard, a mouse, and two flash drives all fail. The lights never even go on, not even a flicker, so it doesn't even try to supply power. I'll try an external hard drive (with ext power) and another mouse if I can find it.

Also, would a USB<->ATA bridge work?
brandonw wrote:
I've seen some devices (like my USB missile launchers) that just will not work for some reason. We will never understand why that's the case...Brand new from-the-package batteries, RAM resets, and other voodoo magic can also sometimes work.

fun Very Happy
Ok, my mouse actually gives error 1207 as well, the keyboard is 0700. I checked the mouse, and it is rated for 100mA, so it's not a power issue, and I have new batteries. I've reset all, upgraded from 2.41 to 2.43. It does not appear to want to link with other calculators either. However, when I plug in a mini-A connector, port 4D will change it's value.
If you can't even link with other calculators, I smell a hardware issue.

Did you make the cable yourself?
Hey I've made my own homemade cable and I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is acceptable or not. I took a usb port from and old computer and soldered the red,black,white, and green wires to ones from a cable that used to be for a camera to a USB port .

[/img]
Give it a try and see if it works; you might want to invest in some heat shrink tubing to cover up the wire splicing
I am actually having problems as well I have usbtools,usb8x,and msd8x on my calculator. I am using a 512 mb Lexar jd lightning flash drive. I have plugged it in using both the store made adapter and my homemade cable only to get the error message 0c00 in msd8x. Any ideas?

[edit]OK I took a regular usb male-----regulat usb male and plugged one end into the computer and the other into my homemade cable and the mini usb into my calc and sure enough it worked.[/edit]

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours