Still haven't seen the newest one, or the one before it. I saw the first one and said I'm done. lol
Obligatory link:
http://funroll-loops.info/
The Tari wrote:

Now there's a blast from the past Wink
Wow... poor eight-six Sad

My brother has one. Love those cars Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Yeah, you should at least get it chipped Razz

And I agree completely. Waste of a perfectly good car if you violate it
like that.

Personally, I either go sleeper or get some type of aero-kit.

My older siblings and I do a lot of autocross when we can. Once I
start tuning I'm not going to do too much. I'm going to start with
suspension (Tanabe springs with KYB shocks) and a good anti-roll
bar and strut tower bracing, then move on to performance tuning:
Custom intake (cheap, and easy), chipped ESU, Exhaust (not sure
what yet), headers and low-compression valves and other
turbo-prep tuneups, and then I might go with a small turbo.

The GTI already has a small turbo you dolt, hence why chipping has such a large effect. Stage 1 chip adds ~40hp and ~80lb/ft of torque. I'd consider an RSB to help counteract the oversteer of being FWD, but I'm not sure if I really want to go all out crazy. This is my daily driver, after all. I'm a fan of sleepers as well, I like the clean look.

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Your temp plate only lasts until Tuesday? What ever happened to 30-day dealers' plates :/

So I just found out why its only 3 days. In Idaho, all you have to do is take the temp plate into the DMV, pay them $60 and they give you plates. No id, no proof of insurance, no bill of sale, no title, nothing. Hell, they didn't even ask to see my drivers license. Just hand em the pink temp slip, and get plates in return. Whole process (including standing in line) took like 15 minutes, tops. Hell, the dealer even takes care of getting the title and paying the necessary taxes. In St. Louis to *renew* my plates required proof of insurance, drivers license, 2 *other* forms of ID (social security card, passport, etc...), a copy of the title, and all this other crap. Here they don't seem to give a shit, which is awesome.
Kllrnohj wrote:
The GTI already has a small turbo you dolt, hence why chipping has such a large effect. Stage 1 chip adds ~40hp and ~80lb/ft of torque.
And I'm talking about my 1996 Honda Accord EX, dumbass.

I'm not going to go completely sleeper, though. Probably going to get a new paint job and clean it up quite a bit. White is what I'm looking at. Not a color you see very often on a '96 Accord, so that's why I'm considering it. First things first on my car, though. Drop the new engine in as well as my new Fidanza Two Point One clutch Smile

Kllrnohj wrote:
I'd consider an RSB to help counteract the oversteer of being FWD, but I'm not sure if I really want to go all out crazy. This is my daily driver, after all. I'm a fan of sleepers as well, I like the clean look.

I know quite a few who have gone with that solution on their GTIs

Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Your temp plate only lasts until Tuesday? What ever happened to 30-day dealers' plates :/
So I just found out why its only 3 days. In Idaho, all you have to do is take the temp plate into the DMV, pay them $60 and they give you plates. No id, no proof of insurance, no bill of sale, no title, nothing. Hell, they didn't even ask to see my drivers license. Just hand em the pink temp slip, and get plates in return. Whole process (including standing in line) took like 15 minutes, tops. Hell, the dealer even takes care of getting the title and paying the necessary taxes. In St. Louis to *renew* my plates required proof of insurance, drivers license, 2 *other* forms of ID (social security card, passport, etc...), a copy of the title, and all this other crap. Here they don't seem to give a shit, which is awesome.
Sounds like good 'ol Texas. If there weren't so many idiots in California, I'd miss it.
swivelgames wrote:
And I'm talking about my 1996 Honda Accord EX, dumbass.

*facepalm* Wow I really need to get more sleep :/

Quote:
White is what I'm looking at. Not a color you see very often on a '96 Accord, so that's why I'm considering it.

White is a good color. My old Jeep was white - loved the way it looked. Don't see many white sports cars, though (then again, the accord isn't a sports car, so.... Razz )

Quote:
Sounds like good 'ol Texas. If there weren't so many idiots in California, I'd miss it.

Texas is filled with retarded people, though. They keep assigning creationists to the Board of Education and trying to force creationism to be taught as an "alternative" to scientific theories.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Welcome to the club Laughing

Kllrnohj wrote:
White is a good color. My old Jeep was white - loved the way it looked. Don't see many white sports cars, though (then again, the accord isn't a sports car, so.... Razz )
Hehe, no, it's not. It's what I call a nifty-coupè Razz

Kllrnohj wrote:
Texas is filled with retarded people, though.
I completely agree. But so is California, and Texas is cheaper Razz

As for the whole creationist thing, they haven't quite done it yet. Razz
swivelgames wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Welcome to the club 0x5

Kllrnohj wrote:
Hehe, no, it's not. It's what I call a nifty-coupè Razz

Kllrnohj wrote:
Texas is filled with retarded people, though.
I completely agree. But so is the rest of the world Razz

As for the whole creationist thing, they haven't quite done it yet. Razz

Fixed.
Hehe nice.

Here's a pic of a white Accord SiR that someone I know had until it got jacked. Thing is SICK.

And of course the SiR has the h22 in it, so that thing is beastly Very Happy
I was thinking about doing an SiR conversion on my accord, but my engine went out so I decided to just stick with my f22b1. It'll still do some damage once I boost and tune it Razz
swivelgames wrote:
I was thinking about doing an SiR conversion on my accord, but my engine went out so I decided to just stick with my f22b1. It'll still do some damage once I boost and tune it Razz

Yeah, to your wallet Razz 150 hp and 150 lb/ft of torque on a car that heavy is weak.

Quote:
And of course the SiR has the h22 in it, so that thing is beastly

I wouldn't call ~200hp and ~160lb/ft of torque on a car weighing 2900lbs "beastly"
http://thecollegedriver.com/posts/559-Recalled-2009-2010-VW-s

lol.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours