He's just trolling, so it's okay?
yeah, doesn't really make sense to me either.. o.O

if he is 'just a troll' can't we just send the troll away?
KermMartian wrote:
TIFreak, you know he's just trolling you, don't rise to the bait. Smile

I'm not trolling, I'm defending democracy. Tifreak might as well start burning flags.

Not liking the current president is all well and good, but to split off from the nation because your side lost an election is unpatriotic, plain and simple.

Edit: And Tifreak, be careful about deleting more of my posts. This is your final warning.
I'm ah, gonna throw in a few words for government medical assistance here. I know a lot of people are against it, but it's... well, I think it's entirely necessary.

Last year, in September I believe, I cut the tip of my thumb off. Had I gone to the hospital, I probably would have been charged an ungodly amount of money I just plain don't have. I went to the local medical center though, and thanks to private grants they have a program called MAP for uninsured people. Thanks to this program, it only cost me $5 to get my finger stitched up. (When I say the tip of my thumb, imagine about a quarter inch or so off the top... it's still flat)

If it hadn't been for this assistance, I wouldn't have been able to get the help I needed, plain and simple. I can't afford an emergency room visit.

I really think something needs to be done. The healthcare system is broken... What we need is a plan where Americans don't have to show a tax statement to get government help with their medical bills, but can still opt to have their own medical insurance if they a higher quality of medical assistance.

Also, I have to agree with Kllr... during the Bush administration, anyone criticizing the administration was called unpatriotic and told they should be kicked out of the country... and now it's hip to criticize an administration that has a 40% higher approval rating? You may not agree with his policies, but democracy is democracy, the man was elected, and as our leader, you should support him. If he fails, this country fails... would you wish the failure of our country just to prove your ideals? If so, you sir, are a traitor and a coward. Say what you will about the administration, but when it comes down to it, be a patriot and support your country.
Kllr: don't threaten me, you used to be a cool person, not sure what happened, but please feel free to get off your high horse.

alex: trust me, I have no intentions on running, as I dont have the money for it.

But the government currently is so corrupted it needs to be reset. Too many of the politicians on the hill and in the white house is being fed by corporations so they can be told what is wanted.

I don't remember which president had said it, will have to ask my dad, but he said that it won't be the people that get into office that will be the real problem, but the corporations, since they have the money to back people they want into office that would benefit them the most.

*shrugs*

This country needs massive changes. Sadly, it won't survive Obama's spending spree.

And just for laughs:

XD
tifreak8x wrote:
Kllr: don't threaten me, you used to be a cool person, not sure what happened, but please feel free to get off your high horse.

I'm not on a high horse, I'm still cool, and you threatened me first after you dissed the country I love.

Quote:
alex: trust me, I have no intentions on running, as I dont have the money for it.

So the only reason you aren't running is because you can't afford it? Why would you take offense at being called unpatriotic then, as you clearly are?

Quote:
But the government currently is so corrupted it needs to be reset. Too many of the politicians on the hill and in the white house is being fed by corporations so they can be told what is wanted.

And if you want to blame someone for that, blame the correct administration, which would be 8 years of Bush. Regardless, the fact is that democracy worked and you were hating on America.

Quote:
This country needs massive changes. Sadly, it won't survive Obama's spending spree.

Perhaps, but I disagree. Obama isn't stupid, and has no intention of ruining the country. But, perhaps you should take a hard look at the republican party - they are the ones who repeatedly caused the national debt to skyrocket, not the democrats. Hell, the last democrat balanced the budget and even had a surplus.
Actually, I blame the Clinton Administration for alot of the problems we have now, because under him, corporations flourished while smaller businesses were killed off due to sudden increase in taxes and stupid new regulations that were never needed before, and could most likely still do well without.

And who said I threatened this country? I never did. I only want away from all the stupid things going on in the government. that is not something that is threatening, I didn't say anything about wanting their heads, or anything like that, so please get your facts straight on that. I only made this topic to show the website with the fanatics that are Obama's supporters and what they think of white Americans. You want to be angry with someone that wants to harm this country, you can find tons of evidence of that there.

And really? I could have sworn that none of the presidents before Obama had spent roughly 2 trillion dollars in their first 6 months of presidency. And is happily willing to make us tax payers live worse off to deal with higher taxes to pay for a 1.5 trillion dollar healthcare plan.

I have several problems with the way Bush ran things, but the biggest is the bailouts of the banks. That was one of his biggest screwups in my eyes. I actually support the war to eliminate known terrorists that want to bring harm to innocents, but I don't support the part where we are there to safe guard the oil pipelines that the oil companies have run.

So many problems, and no one to actually fix them.

Aside from the problems we face here, I wonder how Obama will handle N Korea, as it waves more and more nukes and missiles at us.
I'm sorry, but you know what? I'd pay 10% more taxes if it meant I could get healthcare when I needed it. And the thing is, I'm a pretty healthy guy. I get a cold once a year, that's about it... but I would still pay more just to have that peace of mind, because the sad thing is, the tax increase required to pay for public healthcare would be less than I would have to pay for medical insurance.

Granted, Obama has spent a goodly amount of money in the beginning of his presidency, but that's because the last administration ignored a gigantic crisis until it was too late, with the sole goal being to cripple his administration.
I can't agree, I am already working myself into the ground and just getting bills paid. I don't need more greedy and irresponsible politicians taking my money and doing things with it that is not logical.

They need to fix the health care system, and make it easier for people to at least get help paying for things. I don't get sick but once every few years. even then, I don't go to a doctor. The plan obama tried to push through would have made it illegal for private insurance policies to be reinstated after that bill was passed. The plan would also help pay for abortions. Why would either of those things be in there?

They should do the repairs in small chunks, fix the things that actually need to be fixed, and not do a massive overhaul in one sitting. That way it costs the people less over the short, and hopefully long term.

And if Obama was really interested in getting jobs back here, he would put penalties or fines against corporations that send out work to other countries instead of here. or something to that effect, so more jobs could be made available here. there are so many things he said he was going to do and is now going the other way with them.

But then, almost all politicians are like this, and I would have expected it out of McCain as well.

this past election sucked. XD
Someone Else... I Don't Remember/Care wrote:

Same goes for politics.

And...

tifreak8x wrote:
And just for laughs

Just stop calling each other unpatriotic, we all live in the same country!
heh, I look forward to seeing that video when I make it home. XD
I dun care who y'are, that's funny righ' there.
KermMartian wrote:

Haha thanks. Found it online a while back, but never thought I'd do anything with it, glad I gave you guys some laughs.
Svakk wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Haha thanks. Found it online a while back, but never thought I'd do anything with it, glad I gave you guys some laughs.
That was actually at both you and Dan, so you're both welcome to join in the thanks for a laugh.
tifreak8x wrote:
And who said I threatened this country?

No one did...
KermMartian wrote:

No.
You know, I have to say... as someone who lives in the south, I can say with authority... anyone who thinks Larry the Cable Guy is funny is probably a couple standard deviations below the average IQ.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Where do you live o.o 'round here there are no Obama supporters like this at all.

That's because you live in Arkansas Wink
elfprince13 wrote:
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
Where do you live o.o 'round here there are no Obama supporters like this at all.

That's because you live in Arkansas Wink
Hehe, good response. Also, it looks like Elfprince is necro'ing all the topics that he missed while he was away at camp. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
Also, it looks like Elfprince is necro'ing all the topics that he missed while he was away at camp. Smile

True story is true. And just be glad that I didn't necro ALL of them.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours