Reapex wrote:
What do you mean?
Mine just quits out if the length is incorrect 0.o

Same
Reapex wrote:
What do you mean?
Mine just quits out if the length is incorrect 0.o

If you take out the other things that you mentioned, then you would have to rewrite stuff to make it for a set sprite size. At which point you would lose the size decrease you talked about.
I still don't get it :\
But I made it as small as I could make it.

BASIC Code wrote:
:D→U
:For(I,0,length(Str0)-1
:inString("123456789ABCDEF",sub(Str0,I+1,1
:If Ans>7
:Pxl-On(J,D
:If 3<8fPart(Ans/8
:Pxl-On(J,D+1
:If 1<4fPart(Ans/4
:Pxl-On(J,D+2
:If fPart(Ans/2
:Pxl-On(J,D+3
:D+4→D
:If D≥U+Z
:Then
:U→D
:J+1→J
:End
:End
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
I once tried to make a base 256 sprite encoder/decoder by using a rather clever technique I thought of by using 1-byte tokens as characters. Unfortunately I ran out of tokens at somewhere around 250. But you could do base 128 and get 7x7 sprites encoded into 7 bytes. Meh.
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I once tried to make a base 256 sprite encoder/decoder by using a rather clever technique I thought of by using 1-byte tokens as characters. Unfortunately I ran out of tokens at somewhere around 250. But you could do base 128 and get 7x7 sprites encoded into 7 bytes. Meh.
Yup, that's a common attempt, but the encoding constraints prevent it from working out. You could always use 2-byte tokens for the final 6, no?
I could use two bytes, but I hate imperfection and would rather just not do it. Razz
lol I posted in the wrong topic Very Happy
I'll make you a sprite for it XD

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours