84+SE running Omnicalc, Symbolic, Graph3d, and various other programs... When I run DoorsCS62 for the first time, it shows a startup screen. I then press enter, and the screen fades to blank. It stays blank until I remove the batteries and clear my ram. A few of the programs I'm running have key hooks that I'm wondering might cause problems for DCS, but I don't know enough ASM to make an educated guess. Is there anything obvious that I am doing wrong? I would love to use DCS, but I can't get it to get past the blank screen after the initial screen. Help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Is it still blank if you press 'Clear' (I think that's the right key) to exit DCS? If it is still blank, try ALPHA + UP or whatever the darker contrast key-combo is. Then let us know if that does anything.
That happened to me at first but all i had to do was press enter once it had gone black for like a minute, then i never had to worry about it again.
I was having some USB communication problems, so I reset my entire calc's memory. Doors now works!!... I'm now going to load all of my programs back...
duckythescientist wrote:

Somebody watches NCIS too much Razz
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

How do you draw that conclusion? I didn't think of NCIS at all while reading any of these posts.
I'm guessing he was talking about how the poster's username is "duckythescientist"

Well, anyway, I'm glad you got it to work. Maybe it was a problem with hooks, if it started working after you reset the memory (and you hadn't already re-enabled the hooks), but I don't really know much about hooks work....
bfr wrote:
I'm guessing he was talking about how the poster's username is "duckythescientist"
I'm surprised I didn't catch that.
comicIDIOT wrote:
bfr wrote:
I'm surprised I didn't catch that.

That's because you're an Idiot Razz
bfr wrote:

Well, anyway, I'm glad you got it to work. Maybe it was a problem with hooks, if it started working after you reset the memory (and you hadn't already re-enabled the hooks), but I don't really know much about hooks work....
That's my thought as well. I'm glad that it got fixed, but I would be interested to know what was causing the problems so I can make DCS 6.x+ avoid whatever pitfall that was trapping 6.2.
Duckythescientist has nothing to do with NCIS. It was from an inside joke several years ago about my yellow winter coat. I have since adopted it as a screen name.

I don't know what the specific problem was. I'm still having many problems with my calc, but none are with Doors CS. My problems now are (I think) clashes between omnicalc, my custom font, and USBDRV8X. I think both of those above mentioned programs should be considered with the next Doors version. I'm thinking mouse, keyboard, and flashdrive control from Doors...
duckythescientist wrote:
I'm thinking mouse, keyboard, and flashdrive control from Doors...

Keyboard support? There is very little text entry in DCS itself, and getting the keyboard/mouse to work in all programs that run within DCS would be quite a hassle. Btw, what do you mean by flashdrive control?
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

And whats wrong with that?
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

Because it's a boring, inaccurate, generic crime drama whose only purpose is to cash in on the current fad of forensics?
rthprog wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:
I'm thinking mouse, keyboard, and flashdrive control from Doors...

Keyboard support? There is very little text entry in DCS itself, and getting the keyboard/mouse to work in all programs that run within DCS would be quite a hassle. Btw, what do you mean by flashdrive control?
I believe he means flash drive access. Doors CS 7 will kinda provide that by allowing USB8x to run DCS7 program.
By flashdrive control I meant pretty much what MSD8X does for USB8X. Added features like a .txt editor and a .txt viewer that can scroll up would be nice and so would better navigation through the folder trees and files.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

Because it's a boring, inaccurate, generic crime drama whose only purpose is to cash in on the current fad of forensics?

Oh, i thought maybe you understood quality television -- My Mistake.
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

This does not exist.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

This does not exist.

You've obviously never seen the Girls Next Door spinoff, Kendra.
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Svakk wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
duckythescientist wrote:

This does not exist.

You've obviously never seen the Girls Next Door spinoff, Kendra.

Smart Kid. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours