Check it out Smile

http://promotions.newegg.com/Microsoft/Windows7/PreSale/index.html

Professional = $99.99 (Originally $199.99)
Home Premium = $49.99 (Originally $119.99)
Newegg Sale on Epson printers:
http://promotions.newegg.com/Printers/061609Epson/index.html?cm_sp=Tabstore_ComputerHardware-_-Printers061609Epson-_-http%3a%2f%2fpromotions.newegg.com%2fPrinters%2f061609Epson%2f118x118.gif
@Swivelgames nice, but if you have MSDN Academic Alliance (AA), you get Windows 7 Ultimate Edition RC for free! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
@Swivelgames nice, but if you have MSDN Academic Alliance (AA), you get Windows 7 Ultimate Edition RC for free! Very Happy
I thought the RC was free? I have the ISO, I think. Even if I do, I don't have a product key :/
KermMartian wrote:

Bad Idea
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Bad Idea
Why thumbsdown? Bad Idea because you don't have access to this resource, or Bad Idea because you feel negatively about Windows 7?
KermMartian wrote:

I would still pre-order, I have the RC and mine and everything I read says it stops working at a predetermined date this year (I am almost sure that date is right around when the product hits the shelves).
Glenn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

I would still pre-order, I have the RC and mine and everything I read says it stops working at a predetermined date this year (I am almost sure that date is right around when the product hits the shelves).
Ah, makes sense. With AA we can just upgrade to the full for free when it comes outl.
I could've sworn the RC stops functioning sometime early NEXT year Confused
Either way, pre-ordering Win7 Home Premium sometime soon (hopefully today) Smile
KeithJohansen wrote:

Quite correct. It'll totally stop working in summer of next year, IIRC.

I'm not preordering, simply because MSDN AA has me covered. Very Happy
The Tari wrote:
KeithJohansen wrote:

Quite correct. It'll totally stop working in summer of next year, IIRC.

I'm not preordering, simply because MSDN AA has me covered. Very Happy
/me high-fives

But that's smart of the rest of you to preorder at half-price; you then get extremely reasonable prices compared with the ripoff that Vista Ultimate was full-price, for example.
Can someone explain to me the advantages of getting Windows 7 over say another computer with XP? I realize that XP does not support 64 bit, but I was wondering what the other advantages are to getting Windows 7.

I'm mainly interested for convincing my dad to get it for a new computer and he does not feel a strong need to update.

My dad mainly seems concerned about all of the applications we have running on our current (9 year old) XP computer and whether they wil also work on Windows 7. I saw the part about the professional version supporting many XP applications, but does anyone know how well that works and to what extent the claim is true?
b-flat wrote:
My dad mainly seems concerned about all of the applications we have running on our current (9 year old) XP computer and whether they wil also work on Windows 7. I saw the part about the professional version supporting many XP applications, but does anyone know how well that works and to what extent the claim is true?

If this is your main concern, look in to getting Windows 7 Professional. It has a built-in XP emulator (basically) Smile)
KermMartian wrote:
Not necessarily. What appears on MSDN AA and who it is available to depends on what your educational establishment (or the company running MSDN AA on their behalf) chooses to offer.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours