If George W. Bush had made a joke at the expense of the Special Olympics, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given Tony Blair a set of inexpensive and useless (to Tony Blair's UK video formatting) DVDs, when Tony Blair had given him a thoughtful and historically significant gift, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had given the Queen of England an iPod containing videos of his speeches, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had bowed to the King of Saudi Arabia, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had visited Austria and made reference to the non-existent "Austrian language," would you have brushed it off as a minor slip?

If George W. Bush had filled his cabinet and circle of advisers with people who cannot seem to keep current on their income taxes, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had ordered the firing of the CEO of a major corporation, even though he had no constitutional authority to do so, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

If George W. Bush had then proposed to double the debt again within 10 years, would you have approved?

So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

Can't think of anything? Don't worry. He's done all this in 10 weeks -- so you'll have three years and nine-and-a-half months to come up with an answer.
Wow, your conservative bias is a little stronger than most of our debates here to date.
swivelgames wrote:
So, tell me again, what is it about Obama that makes him so brilliant and impressive?

It's not that he's "brilliant and impressive," he's just insanely good at hype and wishful thinking, and everyone's just overjoyed that Bush is *finally* gone, so they overlook his shortcomings (hell after Bush, anyone is good for president Razz)

@ Kerm: I don't think swivel's pro-Bush as much as he's wondering why everyone is so pro-Obama.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
It's not that he's "brilliant and impressive," he's just insanely good at hype and wishful thinking, and everyone's just overjoyed that Bush is *finally* gone, so they overlook his shortcomings (hell after Bush, anyone is good for president Razz)

Eh. Well put. But I still think this nation is going down the drain pretty quickly...

Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
@ Kerm: I don't think swivel's pro-Bush as much as he's wondering why everyone is so pro-Obama.

Indeed.
KermMartian wrote:
Wow, your conservative bias is a little stronger than most of our debates here to date.

I agree. Pathetic attempt at trolling.
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

For some reason that doesn't offend me coming from an expert troll.
swivelgames wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

For some reason that doesn't offend me coming from an expert troll.

Yeah, but at least I know the PM of the UK is Gordon Brown and not Tony Blair.
swivelgames wrote:
If George W. Bush had proposed to double the national debt, which had taken more than two centuries to accumulate, in one year, would you have approved?

Um... isn't that the reason most people hate him anyway? Wars aren't exactly cheap.
foamy3 wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

Um... isn't that the reason most people hate him anyway? Wars aren't exactly cheap.

Yes but the amount we have spent on the war is nowhere near the amount that Obama administration spent within his first 100 days in office.
TheStorm wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

Yes but the amount we have spent on the war is nowhere near the amount that Obama administration spent within his first 100 days in office.

Quote:
things being spent now are being spent under a budget that runs from Oct 1 of last year to Sept 30 of this year. So we now have some supplemental appropriations for the 'Stimulus' but money spent this year is a mixture of Bush and Obama. Please note that so far none of the money spent on the Iraq war shows up in any budget. It has all been appropriated outside the budget process. That means the Neo Cons need to add that to Bush's spending figures if they want to have any semblance of credibility.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours