I am in the middle of playing Illusiat 12 so DCS6 and MirageOS don't fit on my archive right now, and I was wondering if somebody could make a small program manager thing that would perform the (un)locking/(un)hiding/(un)archiving functions. but that's all it would do.
Eeems wrote:
I am in the middle of playing Illusiat 12 so DCS6 and MirageOS don't fit on my archive right now, and I was wondering if somebody could make a small program manager thing that would perform the (un)locking/(un)hiding/(un)archiving functions. but that's all it would do.

Piece of cake with CODEX... at least for the arc/unarc and lock/unlock. Reply if you really want a GUI...
I wouldn't mind it, but I want it to be small enough for me to fit it on my calc
Eeems wrote:
I wouldn't mind it, but I want it to be small enough for me to fit on my calc

You will never fit on your calc.
oops
Eeems wrote:
I wouldn't mind it, but I want it to be small enough for me to fit it on my calc

Well codex alone works: just "A" + prgmname to archive, "U" to unarchive, "L" to lock, and "O" to unlock.

Do you want this GUI to list all of your programs and let you scroll through them, or simply prompt you to type in the program name? The latter choice would be smaller, but then sort of defeats the purpose of using a GUI.

I'm also assuming you don't have room for the Celtic3 App or xLib.
well I have both of them on which is why I don't have room for DCS6 and xLib. but yes I would like the GUI
So I have a preliminary homescreen UI "done". It lets you scroll, as well as type in a letter and jump to that section of the "list". It also displays archive/lock settings...

I'll upload it as soon as I get home, but I plan to improve it in a number of ways, such as making better use of Codex for perhaps a graphscreen UI
kk, cool. hmm, the key press to jump to the section on the list is a pretty neat idea, I can't wait to use it
I've written this a while back:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/414/41414.html

It should do what you want and it's small. (it could have been smaller, though)
oh yeah I think I saw that, but I didn't really like it (sorry) I'll see what rthprog comes up with, thanks though
Eeems wrote:
oh yeah I think I saw that, but I didn't really like it (sorry) I'll see what rthprog comes up with, thanks though

lol, mines a tad bit bigger because its in BASIC...
do you mind if I make some speed optimizations first? I believe you'll thank me for faster scrolling; right now ZPRGLIST takes too long to load program names, so i'm shifting page loading to background. Neutral
no problem, could I see a screeny though?
Eeems wrote:
no problem, could I see a screeny though?

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2113/3537202348_3be726d297.jpg?v=0[/img]

an "*" indicates archived, and U = unlocked, while L = locked.
Mapar007 wrote:
I've written this a while back:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/414/41414.html

It should do what you want and it's small. (it could have been smaller, though)

That's super awesome!
looks good so far rthprog, but your screenshot fails Wink
Eeems wrote:
looks good so far rthprog, but your screenshot fails Wink

pfft Rolling Eyes
a.) I was trying to get to part of the program list that showed unlocked, locked, archived, and unarchived symbols.
b.) that img will be embedded soon... I have no control over that
c.) thanks!
I really like the way you set it up, not too heavy on the graphics end, but professional
Eeems wrote:
I really like the way you set it up, not too heavy on the graphics end, but professional

grazi =D I'm trying to keep file size relatively low, and plus, I don't have the benefit of xLib to work with =(
why can't you use xLib?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours