All I wanted to do was to start programming applications in ASM. I downloaded and installed ZDS 3.68 and compiled the sample "Hello World" application that came with the TI-83 Flash Debugger into a hex file. From there I signed it with Wappsign. Both the hex and signed app work fine on the Debugger, but when I try to send the app to my TI-84+ SE, it fails when it gets to the validating point. This happens both in TILP II and with TIConnect. TIConnect says that the application has a bad signature. This problem has been driving me nuts. I've searched for my problem with the exact error code from TIConnect and only two sites have anything on it. Neither one provide solutions. I've downloaded ASM Studio and tried to sign the hex compiled by that but it also failed. I tried Wabbitsign...failed. I tried signing an app that was made by someone else...failed. I apologize if this problem has already been covered somewhere, but I've been looking for solutions for the past week and it's driven me crazy that I can't even get a simple "Hello World" app to work on my calculator. Does anyone know what causes this problem/what the solution is? Please?
Have you been using the self-signing 0104.key file? Also, not sure why you're using ZDS, it's massively out of date. I'd be happy to send you some form of the development package I built for my Doors CS 6 development if it would be helpful.
KermMartian wrote:
Also, not sure why you're using ZDS, it's massively out of date. I'd be happy to send you some form of the development package I built for my Doors CS 6 development if it would be helpful.
Shah! ZDS works just fine!
I have been using the 0104 key file (it's the only one I have anyway) and I knew that ZDS was out of date, it's just that wappsign and other tutorials mention ZDS and building a ZDS application so I thought it would work. It's not only that though, I've used ASM Studio, Latenite (formatted code there then built it in ASM Studio) and others but the result is the same. I've also tried this on two other computers but got the same result.
I'd suggest you use Spasm and app.inc, but, Revsoft seems to be having issues at the moment. Maybe someone with a copy could post it here?
KermMartian wrote:
Have you been using the self-signing 0104.key file? Also, not sure why you're using ZDS, it's massively out of date. I'd be happy to send you some form of the development package I built for my Doors CS 6 development if it would be helpful.

Nonsense, ZDS works perfectly fine and is the only calculator IDE I use. I highly recommend it, as well as TI.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours