mattventura wrote:
Well, since the hardware appears to work, how would I go about fixing the software issues? Could I try the normal TI-Connect software?

You could.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
mattventura wrote:
Well, since the hardware appears to work, how would I go about fixing the software issues? Could I try the normal TI-Connect software?

You could.
I'm about 86% sure that TI-Connect supports neither the Gray nor the Black link, although TI-GraphLink supported both.
TI Connect claims to support both, though in my case it successfully detects the calculator then hangs. TiLP-II works perfectly.
I've only had success with USB + Silverlink via TI-Connect, and even there, only with the 83+/84+ line. I only keep it around for the program editor.
elfprince13 wrote:
I've only had success with USB + Silverlink via TI-Connect, and even there, only with the 83+/84+ line. I only keep it around for the program editor.
Same here, that's why I thought it didn't actually work in TI-Connect at all. Smile
Doesn't work in TI-Connect, however, the light does blink off when it does the scanning. Still no luck with TiLP or TiLP II on linux or TiLP II on windows.
KermMartian wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
mattventura wrote:

You could.
I'm about 86% sure that TI-Connect supports neither the Gray nor the Black link, although TI-GraphLink supported both.

It most certainly does support the black link, because that's my preferred link cable and I use TI Connect.
Does anyone know of any low-level serial port "debuggers" that will allow me to send and receive data through a serial port? If so, what sequence of bytes would I send that would warrant some kind of response?
mattventura wrote:
Does anyone know of any low-level serial port "debuggers" that will allow me to send and receive data through a serial port?

PuTTY
If you run a pre-Vista copy of Windows, HyperTerminal is preinstalled (Start->Run, hypertrm.exe).

Edit: Of course, the $4 link doesn't actually understand serial data transfer - the TI link protocol is handled in software by toggling pins on the port manually. The classic grey link cable has a chip in it that handles the serial to TI link protocol conversion.
Thats why I need something low level, or a serial->to converter program.
mattventura wrote:
Thats why I need something low level, or a serial->to converter program.
Well, all the BlackLink-compatible programs have a built-in routine to do so, but I don't know of any standalone programmm.
I think I have found the problem with Ti-Connect. It keeps trying to probe for calcs on COM6, which is a serial port over BT. It freezes when it tries to. I'll try disabling that.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours