Hey all,

In my attempts at creating a clean, professional-looking design for Swivelgames.com (meh personal vebzite) I have failed miserably. I've seriously gone through dozens of designs and have been trying to come up with one for 4-5 months now (none of these should be a big surprise).

The latest of these designs, however, is actually turning out nicely. I've gotten quite a few good reviews on it and am hoping that will continue. Personally, I've thought from the beginning that this is way too thin. So thin, it'll fit on the PSP screen perfectly.

Anyway, I'd like to know your opinions on it. I'll be changing it up here and there when I have the time (work is killing me... at least I get good pay Smile ).

Here's the design:
http://swivelgames.com/minimalistic/

I'm thinking if I just increase the font-sizes a bit then I won't have too big of a problem widening it while keeping unnecessary empty space to a minimum. Don't forget to enjoy the mouseovers Smile

(also, the background is 1000x600 so it will probably be removed in the long-run... a bit large Razz )
As I said on Skype, and you noted above, I think it needs more width and a larger font. It does indeed look very clean and minimalistic, though, nicely done.
Those twirling GIF's are over-associated with loading. I keep waiting for something to load even though the page already has.

Do you have another GIF to add there?
Same.
Apologies. Its just a design, but those will be shown when the page is in-fact loading Razz hehe

I'll be adding numerous AJAX functions, and thats where the loading icon will appear when its loading Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Apologies. Its just a design, but those will be shown when the page is in-fact loading Razz hehe

I'll be adding numerous AJAX functions, and thats where the loading icon will appear when its loading Smile

Sounds good, can't wait til its finished.
I thought maybe creating DoorsCS with a function that decompiles programs into hex and re-compiles them to run would be a great way to conserve memory, kind of like compression.Any thoughts?
xenonparadox wrote:
I thought maybe creating DoorsCS with a function that decompiles programs into hex and re-compiles them to run would be a great way to conserve memory, kind of like compression.Any thoughts?
Is your IQ single digits? You don't have to spam this inane idea in every single topic.
KermMartian wrote:
xenonparadox wrote:
Is your IQ single digits? You don't have to spam this inane idea in every single topic.

You mean his brilliant idea.
Aww... *sniffle*... I thought I was getting more feedback on my design Sad

Laughing
swivelgames wrote:
Aww... *sniffle*... I thought I was getting more feedback on my design Sad

0x5
Isn't that frustrating? I feel the same way when some of my threads get hijacked. Razz
It is indeed, but what can you do? Rolling Eyes
swivelgames wrote:
It is indeed, but what can you do? Rolling Eyes
Well, here's something ontopic. How do you plan to deal properly with the loading GIFs, ie, trigger it to stop spinning the things once the page finishes loading? I was glad to read above that they're not there to stay forever. Very Happy
It a good site, just fix the gif and it'll perfecto.
The GIF doesn't need to be fixed, I already said that Laughing

Its part of the design. It'll appear and disappear when the finished page is actually loading or not Smile
swivelgames wrote:
The GIF doesn't need to be fixed, I already said that 0x5

Its part of the design. It'll appear and disappear when the finished page is actually loading or not Smile
Right, but what's the mechanism? Hopefully something Javascripty rather than something that requires a callback to the server. Smile
Negative. Some AJAX functions. I'm planning on making the majority of the site quick little AJAX calls, while keeping general navigation tied to page loads Smile
swivelgames wrote:
Negative. Some AJAX functions. I'm planning on making the majority of the site quick little AJAX calls, while keeping general navigation tied to page loads Smile
An AJAX call just to confirm page loading completion? I don't know if I'm terribly in favor of that kind of overhead if I were on a slow or low-capacity link.
No, no. Many of the functions like posting and some loading won't require the page to be refreshed.

I'd explain more of what I'm specifically going to do but I want to keep it a surprise until I actually get them working and functioning at an optimal level Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours