On thursday after i get paid i am planning on buying an Xbox 360 elite. Do you guys have any games you would recommend that i buy when i get it. To start off i just want a decent racing and action game.
Any reason you are going with the Elite over the Pro? I think the Elite is a waste of money personally. That $100 pretty much only gets you an extra 80GB of storage space. You can easily get more space just using a USB drive instead.

That said, I suggest you do what I did and just head over to Gamestop or EBGames and raid their used game budget bin.

PGR3 (great racing game) - <$10
Perfect Dark: Zero (great shooter, really fun multiplayer) - <$10
Full Auto (really fun and satisfying vehicle combat racer) - <$10
PGR4 is also really fun and looks better, and its ~$20.

My roommate and I have logged around 40 hours playing Soul Calibur IV, so if you like fighters check it out. I also love Ace Combat 6.
Here's my list of Xbox 360 games I own; I recommend all of them: List
I didn't particularly care for Assassins Creed - it got pretty boring very fast. And shooters (like Bioshock) are much better on a PC. Mouse + keyboard >>>>>>>> gamepad.
Thanks for the suggestions. And the reason i am going with an elite is because the stores around here only carry the elite and arcade versions.
lafferjm wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions. And the reason i am going with an elite is because the stores around here only carry the elite and arcade versions.

Confused Which stores do you go to?
lafferjm wrote:

Uh, what? They have to have the Pro, that doesn't make any sense Confused
Nope, gamestop is always sold out walmart doesn't have a space on the shelf for it anymore, and replay games doesn't have any either.
lafferjm wrote:
Nope, gamestop is always sold out walmart doesn't have a space on the shelf for it anymore, and replay games doesn't have any either.

Have you tried Toys R Us? Target? Sears?
The closest one of those retailers is about 3 hours away Sad
lafferjm wrote:
The closest one of those retailers is about 3 hours away Sad

Have you tried "The Internet"? I hear you can get a ton of different things on "The Internet".
I don't like spending that much money online though. And on a side note, I got lucky and gamestop had just gotten in a shipment of the pros. I bought it along with soul caliber 4, pgr 3, and halo 3.
Yeah, I'd never trust giving my credit card number to a shady internet mom n' pop site like newegg... <_<
lafferjm wrote:
I don't like spending that much money online though. And on a side note, I got lucky and gamestop had just gotten in a shipment of the pros. I bought it along with soul caliber 4, pgr 3, and halo 3.

So, whats your gamertag?
foamy3 wrote:
Yeah, I'd never trust giving my credit card number to a shady internet mom n' pop site like newegg... <_<
You couldn't possibly be using sarcasm there or anything... Smile
Kllrnohj wrote:
lafferjm wrote:

So, whats your gamertag?

I haven't registered for xbox live yet.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
You couldn't possibly be using sarcasm there or anything... Smile

Who, me? Never. Rolling Eyes
I just bought a couple of cool games the other day, they are fable 2, forza motorsports 2, and assassins creed. I know you guys said assassins creed was repetitive but i read an article for the second one and so i had to get the first.
lafferjm wrote:
I just bought a couple of cool games the other day, they are fable 2, forza motorsports 2, and assassins creed. I know you guys said assassins creed was repetitive but i read an article for the second one and so i had to get the first.

I take it you read today's GameInformer article? (btw Assassin's Creed is only boring if you don't get creative with killing people Wink)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours