When was the last time you programmed your calculator?
Psh, 3 minutes ago
 38%  [ 7 ]
A couple days
 11%  [ 2 ]
A few weeks
 22%  [ 4 ]
Several years
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Yesterday, I realized that I haven't written any real programs for my calculators, which surprised me. (My math teacher basically banned graphing calculators) I was just wondering if anyone else took a lengthy break from calculator programming

*NOTE*
Writing a program during a test/ homework to brute force an answer doesn't count =D
It's been a long, long time since I legitimately programmed a TI-BASIC program or game that wasn't touchups on other people's programs. As far as z80 ASM goes, I wrote quite a bit last summer when I was working on my M-Game (which I need to finish at some point), and before that was Doors CS 6.
Um... last thing I finished was for the puzzle contest. I don't really remember when that was.
last time i programed was about 30 min ago. i'm working on a new game.
foamy3 wrote:
Um... last thing I finished was for the puzzle contest. I don't really remember when that was.
That was quite a while ago, maybe June or July?
I did some basic last month for one of the UTI mini-program competitions.
yesterday, I was working on...I forgot... Neutral
Eeems wrote:
Shock It must not have been a very fun or interesting project if you forgot what it was already. Very Happy
ya, i'm constantly programing in basic, as it's the only language i know so far Graphing Calculator
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Shock It must not have been a very fun or interesting project if you forgot what it was already. Very Happy

no it was a fun one, it's just that I'm borrowing a ti-89 from my youth leader so I've kind of forgotten about my 83+
Rhombus P. wrote:
ya, i'm constantly programing in basic, as it's the only language i know so far Graphing Calculator
That was me, back in the day. I'd spend my thirty-minute commute each way programming my calculator (walking to school, no less Laughing), many of my classes typing away on my calculator, and only at home did I not program my calculator much. Then I moved on to ASM and lost much of the excitement I had for programming in BASIC.
I'm always programming everywhere I go...and ASM is kind of hard for me because I'm kind of limited on my time on the computer during the school week
Quote:
That was me, back in the day. I'd spend my thirty-minute commute each way programming my calculator (walking to school, no less 0x5), many of my classes typing away on my calculator, and only at home did I not program my calculator much. Then I moved on to ASM and lost much of the excitement I had for programming in BASIC.

yep, thats me. i usually just program in math, unless im working on a really exiting game, then i'll program in other classes and even at home some. the funny thing is, my math teacher is perfectly cool with me programing cause he knows i know the stuff for one, but also because he also programs (much more than just a calc, but he does program the calc too Exclamation ) so he lets me and three other students program during his class.
Rhombus P. wrote:
yep, thats me. i usually just program in math, unless im working on a really exiting game, then i'll program in other classes and even at home some. the funny thing is, my math teacher is perfectly cool with me programing cause he knows i know the stuff for one, but also because he also programs (much more than just a calc, but he does program the calc too Exclamation ) so he lets me and three other students program during his class.

wow you're lucky, my teacher's would take my calc away if they caught me
Eeems wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

I always had to judge the teacher; there were some classes where I knew I couldn't program, and was interested in the material anyway, and there were others where I could pick up enough listening with half my brain.
KermMartian wrote:
Eeems wrote:
Rhombus P. wrote:

I always had to judge the teacher; there were some classes where I knew I couldn't program, and was interested in the material anyway, and there were others where I could pick up enough listening with half my brain.

same =D I used to obsess over my calculator; I distinctly remember staying up all night long because I was trying to finish a program =D Lol, it was basically an addiction....
oh lordy. I pulled many many allnighters working on Frog RPG and some of my graphics demos.
KermMartian wrote:
That was me, back in the day. .... many of my classes typing away on my calculator, and only at home did I not program my calculator much.
Sums me up nicely. I programmed from Tenth to 11th grade. Stopped senior year because I became more interested in friendships rather than orc quests and data strings, lists & matrices! Hopefully no one takes offense to that Neutral

It's been about two years since I really sat in front of my calculator and did something with it. I lent it to my sister during my senior year - so rather I was forced to find friendships because I was so absorbed in my calculator. The only friends I knew were the friends I had in Elementary School, Middle School that went to the same HS as I & Ninth grade. The accumaltive total was about 15. By the end of senior year I was in a group of forty or more people before classes, break & lunch.

Then I got into photography and have pretty much used the "osmosis" programming had on me on photography and now consumed by it 70% of the time. So I'm missing hanging with friends again =/ As well as loosing a lot of money X_x Photography Equipment == $$$.
rthprog wrote:
Yesterday, I realized that I haven't written any real programs for my calculators, which surprised me. (My math teacher basically banned graphing calculators) I was just wondering if anyone else took a lengthy break from calculator programming

*NOTE*
Writing a program during a test/ homework to brute force an answer doesn't count =D

I haven't done much work with TI calculators since the RGB Screen, which was back in ~2005; when I got to college I had to use Maple (similar to Matlab), so I've been programming in that for the past couple of years.
I didn't do much for a while since high school ended (I messed around with CalcUtil, failing to debug anything, and I wrote an infix input mode for Cabamap that I might try to pretty up and release someday...) This past week or so I've taken an old game idea off the shelf and started working on it, and I feel pretty good about it Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours