Yes
 92%  [ 12 ]
No
 7%  [ 1 ]
Which to be a what?
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 13

you can buy a Unit to Unit link from TI for about $5
Why bother? Shells should just support the USB and get it over with!!
Wait, Kllrnohj, do you mean the SilverLink or the unit-to-unit cable?
Unit to Unit, why should they support Silverlink or Direct USB, the computer does that.
But he was talking about downloading from the Internet... oh well, nevermind.

So I should support USB? Cool, maybe I will. What I'm looking at right now is this: DCS6 will probably be basically the current version except as an app. From there I will add more features up to 16K or 32K, such as a grayscale desktop, MOS support, etc. Cool?
sounds cool, but where did the folders go now?
Oh right, that'll be a new DCS6 feature. I don't mean that DCS6 won't have any new features, but I'll wait until DCS7+ for the really earth-shatteringly good features.
ok, sounds good, hope it turns out well.
So do I. Anyone have any more feature requests?
make DCS6 have the earthshatering features!!!

how about adding all those little extra stuff into like DCS 5.5 or something? so that everyone can give you feedback and stuff, what they like, what they don't, so that the next "major" release is really major, not just a rehash Wink
That's a cool idea. Well, for one thing, 5.2 will have improved associated program support (eg Document DE and mobileTunes).
Maybe allow for BASIC programs to have a true 16x16 icon...
that was another feature Kerm was planning
Indeed.

>83+ to app
>Folders
>Grayscale desktop
>TICI 2.0 support
>16x16 BASIC icons
What about support for screensavers? You know, have a couple bult in to Doors, but also allow for externals. Smile

Also, this means that those other couple progs won't get built, doesnt it...
Oh yeah, external screensavers like I have backgrounds.
maybe you could incoorporate some keyhooks. Also in very future versions ram recovery would be nice. One last thing. I have been testing my asm programs using mirage, since they often crash and I'm sick of ungrouping doors each time. I have noticed something. Not only is Mirage safe from ram crashes, but my programs aren't deleted either. I thought mirage moved the programs to ram to run them, but somehow the ones that crash are safe. Maybe you could add this into doors somehow, if you know what's at work here Exclamation

Edit: On a reread of what I posted above I believe I wasn't clear enough. The program I am running in mirage that cause the calc to crash, are in archive after the ram reset.
If I understand Mirage at all, it copies programs from archive to RAM, it doesn't run the original... That is why if it crashes, it is safe.
I think so also, and then writeback deleates the orignal and writes a new copy to the ROM
Umm, I don't think that is the case. I think it just copies, I don't think it does anything to the original, because if that is the case, what if it crashed in the middle of rewriting it? That data would be corrupt...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours