So I'll post some rumors I've created Rolling Eyes about TICI 2.0 here:

*will allow multiple simultaneous connections, up to 250
*will allow wired or short range wireless a la BlueTooth
*hubs will actually be hubs, but will now be known as nodes
*it will be based on the PLAN model (Personal Local Area Network)
*tighter integration with Trillion and CALCnet2.
yay, hope this turns out good, and won't be too expensive.
This new revision will probably (almost definitely) need PICs to act as the bridges between proprietary protocols such as USB, PS/2 and the TICI 2.0 standard.
If you want a PIC that can act as a USB host, and not a device, you'll be shelling lots of $$$. That is, if yo can find one Cool
Or unless I can get you to program it for me. Very Happy
Laughing Laughing Laughing Yeah...send me a check for $100 and your mailing address and I'll give you one Razz
I think I have a pic programer lying around, the only problem, I don't know if we have anyway of using it anymore (This is from way back in the DOS era)
Oh, that would be cool. Do you have any experience with PIC programming?
I don't, but my parents do
Ah, that's cool. I'll post the specifics and the logo among other things on Monday. Smile
I found a way to have video support on RE/BE; it's called a Video DSP. I found one that has both an Audio and a Video DSP in pne package, but it was kinda huge...
:groan:
Yeah...and it was $100 too Laughing

If anyone can get me the source code to the DivX codec, I will be most grateful.
yeah right, that's really legal. Rolling Eyes
It's an open source project, but they don't have the code on their site, and I can't seem to find it.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
If anyone can get me the source code to the DivX codec, I will be most grateful.

haha, good luck with that. And where does it ever say its open source? i've never heard of DivX being open source. Try Xvid tho, it is open source (and free).
is it just me, or is xvid just Divx backwards?
it is, and that is kinda the point. They are both MPEG-4 codecs, and are aimed for the same general usage.
I have the XviD codec, but that's not really as widely used as DivX.
Interesting. So does anyone have specific (realistic) feature requests for TICI 2.0?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours