foamy3 wrote:
I can't really find any good screenshots or info links, but i would assume that if it's connecting to your own server, you would at least need to log into the applet or something.

Don't you need to sign into dropbox? You can still save the password
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
I can't really find any good screenshots or info links, but i would assume that if it's connecting to your own server, you would at least need to log into the applet or something.

Don't you need to sign into dropbox? You can still save the password

Ah, whoops. I was thinking about using a personal laptop. I'm pretty sure we were talking about public computers. In that case, yes, you do. My bad.
I was talking a personal computer... (or cell phone Wink )
Ah, well on a personal computer, no, once it's installed it logs in from boot.
foamy3 wrote:

Once you hit "Remember my password" firefox remembers your password Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Once you hit "Remember my password" firefox remembers your password Razz

Speed of auto-login < speed of logging in with a saved password.
foamy3 wrote:

Speed of just hitting add in the search >>>> downloading to a special location
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Speed of just hitting add in the search >>>> downloading to a special location

Um... logic fail, but yeah. (">" means "greater than") So if you're just getting online to download a torrent then it's about equal. If you come across a link to a torrent during normal browsing, then dropbox would be way faster.

And even if it wasn't, who cares? If you're not downloading it on your current computer, what are the odds you're going to need it soon? As long as it's finished by the time you get home...
I wouldn't call it "way faster", maybe "slightly faster". You still have to save it and/or move it to a folder. Torrentflux you just have to add the step of hitting "upload"

And, of course, torrentflux works from any web browser (including cell phone). You can download completed torrents through it too, and adjust settings per torrent (such as tweaking upload and/or completion rules0

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours