Last Monday I had snow on my birthday (I have never experienced snow that late in the season), and today it's 81 degrees. WTF?
Today it's in the 40's and yesterday (or two days ago) it was in the 80's and 90's....

I am quite confused as well >.<"
it was -30 degrees Celsius with a wind chill yesterday, but now its warmed up to about -15...so much for global warming
That's because you live in an ice box Razz
naw, it gets pretty warm in the summer. We Canadians just spread the roomers you hear about us
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Last Monday I had snow on my birthday (I have never experienced snow that late in the season), and today it's 81 degrees. WTF?

Climate destablization ftl. We had 0 to 60 and back down in a period of a day earlier this winter.
New England is weird like that (supposedly a few years back my family up in Mass. got snow in June).
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
New England is weird like that (supposedly a few years back my family up in Mass. got snow in June).

We get snow in August.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I remember that! I was up there for a funeral, and it was so creepy to see it snow! We took it as a bad omen. Later, I met someone who was attending a wedding there on the same day and they took it as a good omen. I wonder what it was...
jbr wrote:
I wonder what it was...

Wikipedia wrote:
Snow is a type of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes that fall from clouds. The process of this precipitation is called snowfall.

Since snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft structure, unless packed by external pressure.

Wink
rofl Laughing
jbr wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

I remember that! I was up there for a funeral, and it was so creepy to see it snow! We took it as a bad omen. Later, I met someone who was attending a wedding there on the same day and they took it as a good omen. I wonder what it was...

Kllrnohj wrote:
jbr wrote:
I wonder what it was...

Wikipedia wrote:
Snow is a type of precipitation in the form of crystalline water ice, consisting of a multitude of snowflakes that fall from clouds. The process of this precipitation is called snowfall.

Since snow is composed of small ice particles, it is a granular material. It has an open and therefore soft structure, unless packed by external pressure.

Wink

He already knew it was snow; he was wondering whether it was a good omen or a bad omen Rolling Eyes
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
He already knew it was snow; he was wondering whether it was a good omen or a bad omen Rolling Eyes

He asked *what* it was, not *which* it was Wink
That would've sounded weird if he said "which" instead of "what" (goes along with normal speech pattern; although "which" would be the proper word to use here, but then again there are too many grammar rules to keep up with in the English language Razz)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
but then again there are too many grammar rules to keep up with in the English language Razz)

*with which to keep up
Kllrnohj wrote:
jbr wrote:
I wonder what it was...

Wikipedia wrote:

Wink
Heh, hilarious, but quite the jerk move there, Kllrnohj.
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
but then again there are too many grammar rules to keep up with in the English language Razz)

*with which to keep up

That goes back to normal conversation flow in America.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

*with which to keep up

That goes back to normal conversation flow in America.
Sadly, in modern America, normal conversation very much != correct grammar.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
That would've sounded weird if he said "which" instead of "what" (goes along with normal speech pattern; although "which" would be the proper word to use here, but then again there are too many grammar rules to keep up with in the English language Razz)

What kind of wacked out English do you use? Saying "what" sounds weird, saying "which" sounds natural.

"Some said this, some said that, I wonder which was true" <- natrual, sounds right, daily speech
vs.
"Some said this, some said that, I wonder what was true" <- lol wut? + people look at you funny

@Kerm: Why thank you Wink (hey, at least I used Wikpiedia and not simple.wikipedia Razz )

simple.wikipedia.com wrote:
Snow is the frozen ice crystals of rain. When clouds are full they pour out rain but in cold weather ice crystals fall out as soft little flakes that are called snowflakes. The word snow comes from an older version of English from a long time ago called Old English.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:

What kind of wacked out English do you use? Saying "what" sounds weird, saying "which" sounds natural.

"Some said this, some said that, I wonder which was true" <- natrual, sounds right, daily speech
vs.
"Some said this, some said that, I wonder what was true" <- 0x5 wut? + people look at you funny

It depends on the context (in your example it flows better to use which; further up in this thread it sounds natural to use what).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours