Notice: Lemur is CCCMS; Just a new name.

LemurNet is a new project I'm working on. It'll have the same infrastructure as Lemur, but will basically have a hard-coded add-on on it.

The pages will be completely customizable with custom boxes, tools (ex. blog), and a plethera of easy-to-use options. Each page can be based off a pre-defined style, or its own (created by the page owner). Each tool will have an option allowing the user to post its content on the homepage or homepages of his/her followers. Or a single item can be forced to display. Page's will be divided in to categories. Each member has control over their category, and inside that category will contain their pages. Members will have the option of granting the ability to edit on of their pages to another member.

Private Messaging and other tools for communication will be included in the user system of LemurNet.

The system is not supposed to be used for massive amounts of users, but only small communities (such as a community of bloggers, or something similar). The Blog / News tool is not the only tool, but it's the one I'm focusing on right now just because it's a simple tool to work on and test with.

I'm even planning on some way implementing something where multiple installations of LemurNet can be networked together. I already have some ideas on how I can do this securely, but I'm also interested in everyone else's ideas as well.

Questions? Comments? Ideas? Please post! I need as much support on my projects as I can get.

[Original Post Can Be Viewed Here]
What's Lemur?
Bah, I meant to leave that in there. Lemur is CCCMS; Just a new name. Because of my inability to work on my other projects (including CCCMS/Lemur) I haven't even been able to change everything over to say Lemur instead of CCCMS.

The original post is much more descriptive, but at the same time that much more intimidating.
Definitely a neat concept you have going, Swiv. As you mentioned, this seems to be moving in the direction of a mini-social network, combining the likes of Facebook, Google Connect, Twitter, and Blogger. If it's done right it would be the perfect addition to a forum (@Keith: hinthint), allowing it to evolve more into a true community, with spaces for the members themselves, a forum, chat and messaging, and a place [homepage] to tie it all together.

The idea of tying multiple "LemurNetworks" together provides new opportunities also, from connecting all of a member's communities to tying a set of communities with a common purpose (I recall there once being one having to do with TI Instruments or something of that sorts).

Being able to drag-and-drop different types of utilities and sections for a page is another plus. Perhaps you can later on go further and add detailed privacy settings for pages, similar to those permissions for editing. Anyhow, I'm pretty burnt out right now Razz, so I'll leave everyone else to the specifics.
jfabi82 wrote:
TI Instruments
Evil or Very Mad
Swivel, you need to stop renaming the same project over and over again, it's getting confusing. Very Happy
lol well actually this is the first renaming. I've just dropped all my other projects Laughing

Each project had it's own idea behind it. For instance, Logic* were supposed to be something like Invisision Power products, but free.

Simple* were barebone programs that you could easily manipulate and integrate in to each other. Basically SimpleCore only contained a user and template system. The other programs (SimpleBB, SimpleNews, etc...) were supposed to be able to stand-alone with the option of integrating it with in a SimpleCore installation.

CCCMS, or Lemur, is my latest project. Which is basically just a simple and traditional CMS. All the others were too complicated and I set goals for them that I wasn't ready for. Lemur is something that I can pace myself with and it's an easy program to write for me just cause it is all (for the most part) simple features (at least the way they function).

CC / Lemur's Infrastructure, SimpleCore, and LogicCMS each have their own infrastructure. But SimpleCMS, SimpleBB, and other Simple* projects all have the same infrastructure. Basically all these are names for the infrastructure, and the projects built on top of these infrastructures are named based off their infrastructure's.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours