Let me start off by saying that I LOVE DCS6. I used to try to use MOS while running DCS6, and finally realized it was causing some problems. Now a new problem has arised, possibly due to the shear amount of programs i have, even though i consider 88 programs not very many. It takes the first six programs listed, and doesn't allow me to scroll. I have fixed it temporarily by reseting the calculator, and replacing the apps and a few of the programs, but when I added all of the programs, the problem re-appeared. Anyone ever have this problem? Is it just my calculator? Any help appreciated, because i cant stand using MOS...
Fascinating. Glad to hear that you're a fan of DCS6, let's see what we can do as far as debugging. Can you try again, this time loading the programs in a different order, and seeing if it's one program in particular that breaks it, or if it's just a specific number of programs? If it's a number, can you figure out what number of programs you must reach for the threshold of failure?
Gladly, It may take a bit though... Ill try taking a crude picture of it with my webcam, eventually.
Didn't I have this problem back when I first joined?
Also, on scrolling, you should add a hotkey. Itś one of the only things without one.
yoman82 wrote:
Also, on scrolling, you should add a hotkey. Itś one of the only things without one.

+ and -
calc84maniac wrote:
Didn't I have this problem back when I first joined?

http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1877&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

That is the thread you may be thinking of. I don't believe that this idea is the basis of my problem, my guess is the massive amount of programs I have. Ill post when I get time to investigate.
elfprince13 wrote:
yoman82 wrote:

+ and -
Quoted for emphasis. [+] and [-].
Fixed it. I think it may have been that I sent too many "non-basic" programs at once. Just a user error that I made. Now I am Very Happy
Dh258 wrote:
Fixed it. I think it may have been that I sent too many "non-basic" programs at once. Just a user error that I made. Now I am Very Happy
Ah, I missed the resolution on this thread. Congrats, glad it works,.
I seem to get this same problem every once and a while. It most commonly happens after a new program of any kind is added, leading me to believe there is a limit. Not sure what that is, but ill look into it next time I run into the error. Overall it works just fine 99.9% of the time after deleting a programs or a good intentional ram clear.
Dh258 wrote:
I seem to get this same problem every once and a while. It most commonly happens after a new program of any kind is added, leading me to believe there is a limit. Not sure what that is, but ill look into it next time I run into the error. Overall it works just fine 99.9% of the time after deleting a programs or a good intentional ram clear.
Good to know. There might be a limit around 200 or so, so I'd be interested to see if that's so. I could just check my personal documentation of my code, but I don't remember precisely where that piece of info might be.
My guess would be around 120's maybe 130's. I cleaned it up recently after receiving the error, and I currently have 113.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours