Yeah, I am still alive. I haven't been pushing too hard on the game, I got discouraged with a lot of things, been extremely busy with work and by the time I get home I don't have any motivation to work on it.

Well, right now, I am writing away at the code, still finding little things to optimize, and will hopefully soon be able to go through all this code and fix the variables, so progress can resume.

Currently nearly done with the walking engine on getting the code written out. I think that this is the last large program to deal with, most of the rest of it is small programs and data programs.
hah! trust me, battling is gonna be a B1TCH. I know this. :/

but good work so far on your walking engine. I'm looking forward to updated versions of pokemon purple Smile
lol

Maybe, maybe not. =p

I am trying to set it up in a way that the data for the enemy pokemon is loaded in a seperate list, this will allow for an easier transition for when I finally get around to making link battles a reality.. maybe.. =p

I dunno, haven't given too much more thought into that, have been more worried about getting all this bloody code written out so I can get it organized better. =S
Welcome back, TIfreak, I haven't seen you around here for at least a month if not much more! Great to see you, and great to hear that this project is back on track.
yeah, been bouncing around with other things.

As to pokemon, I started going through the code for the items system, and what I see dismays me greatly.

Some may remember these:

Well, those look really good, don't they? however, they look -nothing- like the original item system. And I have come up with a way to redo the items system, in my head of course, that will greatly reduce the size of the program, and even how the lists work. I will worry about the implementation of this once I get through all the programs and get all the variables under control.

as a note to myself, lists for items system will be in the format of Item.Qty and will hopefully be easily able to move them around in the list.
I think it would be faster, instead of clearing the whole screen, to just overwrite it with the new text.
The clearing of the whole thing was for moving between the 'pockets' of the item bag, like the newer games do. However, that is going to be far more complicated to write in, and I don't really feel like messing with them.

Basically, it will look like the older pokedex screen, with scrolling options.
Wow, those do indeed look really good; I don't think I would bother trying to change them to match the original, if I were you, but personal preference. Glad to see progress on this project once again. Smile
Its more of a 'will make the program a bunch smaller and make it easier to tie into the rest of the game' type of thing. XD
Yeah, guys, the problem isn't that that system is too different than the first gen games, it's that that system hasn't been integrated and the difficulty necessary to integrate it would not be worth it (if I understand it correctly).

Besides, space is definitely an issue with an almost pure basic game, and hopefully you can squeeze a little more speed out of it on your way.
Yeah, jbr is correct. I have not integrated this into anything yet.

To my knowledge, the items system can be accessed via the main menu and the battle menu, and certain things can only be used at certain times, etc. So, yeah, I am going to need to simplify it as much as possible.

I'm not saying I couldn't make this work, but it would slow me down drastically, and I want this done asap, soo... =S
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

like, omg! I actually did something! o.O Shock

The world shall end on the second friday of next week! =o

Best check out that new pokedex program while we are all still here! =o
not bad Very Happy
Hold on, I'm confused: Is the big one the new one and the little one the way it was before? (Too lazy to download all the programs...)

I hope it is that way, because the big (new?) shot looks really good.
tifreak8x wrote:

OMG, an update! You've been sorely missed here lately, TIFreak. Smile In fact, you missed the re-return of Ultimate Dev'r and all of the associated hijinks that have occured since then.
and by hijinks he means the formation of the Evil Trifecta.
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

OMG, an update! You've been sorely missed here lately, TIFreak. Smile In fact, you missed the re-return of Ultimate Dev'r and all of the associated hijinks that have occured since then.

I didn't miss it, I spent a good half hour talking with him over sax. =p

And yes, it is nice to have actually accomplished something. About time I say. =p

Anywho, back to writing out code.. =p
Good stuff, and good luck. I hope you come back and update us more often. Smile
As I get more completed on it, I will endeavor to do so. =]
tifreak8x wrote:

You disappeared for awhile there Wink I noticed that you've implemented a new pokedex based one of the newer versions; is it based on the DS games or is it something else? (I can't tell; I stopped playing after Gold/Silver and only glanced at Diamond/Pearl).

KermMartian wrote:

Re-return? Confused

Page 1 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours