As per Kerm's twitter request, here is the info about the programming competition that scored me a free xbox360 arcade.

http://www.neumont.edu/regionalchallenge/index.html

For those interested, I returned it to bestbuy and bought the xbox360 pro for +$100. Then spent another ~$50 at gamestop buying old, used games (the $7-14 ones Wink ). So I spent $150 total for an xbox360 pro, 8 games (2 free bundled + gh2 I already had for the controller to use with frets on fire + 5 from gamestop), 2 controllers (already had 1 for use with PC), and headset.

My setup is pretty hot. Since my friends are borrowing my TV (since I had nothing to hook up to it prior), I am borrowing my friend's xbox360 VGA output. So on my "desk" (glorified folding table Wink ) I have a 22in widescreen monitor hooked up as the primary display of my PC and as the 360's display (yay for dual inputs). Next to it I have a 19in monitor as the PC's secondary display. A KVM switch switches the audio output of my 5.1 speakers between the 360 and PC (only PC gets surround, tho, since the KVM can only switch a single 3.5mm jack, not the 3 needed for 5.1)

Just to round it all off, a mini fridge sits next to me. This is all in my room, which also has a second surround sound system (home theater system w/ receiver, harmon kardon receiver + sony speakers) that surrounds my bed hooked up to a laptop that sits on my night stand so I can lay down and watch some movies Smile

If interested, I can take some pictures of the whole setup.
I think pictures would be an excellent idea, that sounds like an extremely sweet setup. Smile Congrats for winning the Xbox, and it sounds like you made some good choices to upgrade for very little money.
I wouldn't risk posting pictures....you don't want to have to pay for someone's new keyboard after causing them to drool all over it.
elfprince13 wrote:
I wouldn't risk posting pictures....you don't want to have to pay for someone's new keyboard after causing them to drool all over it.
Haha, well-played. That reminds me, once I dock my new tablet I should post a pic or three of my new 6-LCD setup.
Terrible quality picture, but whatever - I'm too lazy to take it again

http://kllrnohj.com/images/cemetech/new-360-setup.jpg

As a point of reference as to the size of my room, I am sitting on my bed to take that shot using a wide-angle lens. The door is just off to the left while my dresser is on the right. So its pretty small.
Enough mountain dew?
foamy3 wrote:
Enough mountain dew?

Clearly not since there empty. Razz
TheStorm wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Enough mountain dew?

Clearly not since there empty. Razz
s/there/they're/ig. Get it right.

Do I spy a Cemetech there? Smile I will post photos of my current setup at school once I get around to cleaning up my desk, which hopefully will be pretty soon.
TheStorm wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
Enough mountain dew?

Clearly not since they're empty. Razz

The can in the fridge looks full.
foamy3 wrote:
Enough mountain dew?

Sadly no Sad Actually only 2 or 3 of those empty 2 litters were mtn dew. The rest was that $0.70 wal-mart cheap stuff (still tastes good, though)

Quote:
The can in the fridge looks full.

You mean the *single* can of mtn dew? Yes, that was full Wink

Quote:
Do I spy a Cemetech there? Smile I will post photos of my current setup at school once I get around to cleaning up my desk, which hopefully will be pretty soon.

I would hope you could recognize your own homepage Razz
I fuckin hate people with money...
DShiznit wrote:
I <font color=red>censored</font> hate people with money...

Get a job. Everything you see in that picture (with the exception of the mini fridge which was a gift) I bought using money from a part time job. I earned it all. Some of the other things I talked about I got for free. The home theater system with 5 speakers that I talked about? Given to me by my cousin's wife (her old system). I also scored an old TV that my aunt and uncle were going to throw out (which was the TV I talked about).
Hard to get a job when you're brain-damaged...
DShiznit wrote:
And also with that self-esteem.

McDonalds, Wal-Mart & Grocery Stores will hire you, "Equal Employment Opportunities." I've seen all sorts of people work at McD's: from people who only know two English words "Okay" & "No", to Valedictorian High School Students.

I've seen people like 'you' work at Grocery Stores, all they do is bag groceries - it's sad - but it shows you can at least do that Smile
DShiznit wrote:

Hate to sound heartless, but no one likes a pity story. I'm sure you can find a job somewhere. Plenty of people with down syndrome work at our local grocery store. I'm sure you can find something.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
I've seen people like 'you' work at Grocery Stores, all they do is bag groceries - it's sad - but it shows you can at least do that Smile

Hey, that's what I do! I hate it, but I doubt any place I'd actually like to work would hire me on account of my age.
For now, I'm stuck with retail business.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

McDonalds, Wal-Mart & Grocery Stores will hire you, "Equal Employment Opportunities." I've seen all sorts of people work at McD's: from people who only know two English words "Okay" & "No", to Valedictorian High School Students.

Wal-Mart won't hire him, right now they are in the process of finding reasons to get rid of people. At the store i work at at least 20 people were fired within the last month for stupid reasons.
lafferjm wrote:
Wal-Mart won't hire him, right now they are in the process of finding reasons to get rid of people. At the store i work at at least 20 people were fired within the last month for stupid reasons.
Really? Wow. Haha, all the old people "Auntie Jane, our records show you haven't had a stroke in five years. I think we'll let you go, your savings should cover your last medical bill." Smile (No offense to anyone... Neutral)

The Tari wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

Hey, that's what I do! I hate it, but I doubt any place I'd actually like to work would hire me on account of my age.
For now, I'm stuck with retail business.
Oh sorry! I'm not saying all baggers are brain-damaged, there are healthy adults bagging. I was just saying that bagging groceries should be simple enough.
DShiznit wrote:

No it isn't, you're just a douche. I pushed carts at Target. If you can navigate your way around the Internet, post on forums, and code for a video game, you aren't brain damaged.

I know a couple mentally handicapped people who work their asses off and would beat the crap out of you for that comment.
DShiznit wrote:

Work from your computer. You seem to have plenty of time for it daily as it is, so why not design websites for idiots or something?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours