Quote:
anyway, i just got gentoo installed, so i gotta get wine, and then i'll be playing blockland with ya'll

Compile cedega from the cvs tree; that's what I did, and it's working for me Wink

Quote:
to h@ck phpbb 2.0.11 or less, all you need is firefox and notepad to get into the owner account

But forums that old probably aren't worth --getting into-- Laughing
*phew* I'm not susceptible. Smile
lol... Kerm, why would we wanna crack these forums? (note: i've been screwing around with bugs on the CG forums for a while now)

EDIT: the IT guy was just here at the library, and he is installing a new wireless router... this means i can bring my laptop here to play BL... with TBM...
Yo! That's awesome! Now if only Ult Dev's computer wouldn't refuse my connection, all would be well... Smile
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Quote:
to h@ck phpbb 2.0.11 or less, all you need is firefox and notepad to get into the owner account

But forums that old probably aren't worth --getting into-- Laughing

well, i got my wireless working on gentoo, but right now its doing a -update world, and i still have to install gnome, lol (this is gonna take awile)
That's cool. Go for it! Smile
Gnome Razz

Quote:
EDIT: the IT guy was just here at the library, and he is installing a new wireless router... this means i can bring my laptop here to play BL... with TBM...

I plan on installing one at my high school...hide it in a ceiling tile or something Very Happy

Quote:
Yo! That's awesome! Now if only Ult Dev's computer wouldn't refuse my connection, all would be well...

I don't know why it's refusing you Kerm; it's working for me with computers inside and outside my network. Huh...Confused
It actually is telling me that it can't load the remote file listing now, everything else is working...
So you can put and delete files, just not see them...

Oh, and I finally got my Tech Support transcript:

Code:
Kyle Bond
hello?

Marc R
Welcome to HP Total Care. My name is Marc. How may I assist you today?

Kyle Bond
Yes,My computer (the new server) won't boot into any drive; it'll read from the cd drive, then the floppy drive, then the hard drive, and it decides that none of them are bootable (with or without bootable media in the drives) and comes up with a screen saying that no operating systems were found. I've tried entering CMOS, BIOS, changing boot patterns, order, drives, tightening cables, etc. Not even the one-time boot of pressing esc works either. What's worst of all is that even though I reset C ...(truncated)

Marc R
Due to high Call Volume, we were not able to respond to your query immediately. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by this. We appreciate your patience. Thank you.

Kyle Bond
CMOS, these problems still arise, and I can't reflash my BIOS because I can't boot into anything I have a Compaq Presario 75xx.

Kyle Bond
So, basically I can't boot from anything on my Presario 7594.

Marc R
Please give me the complete model number of your Presario.

Kyle Bond
Presario 7594

Kyle Bond
Desktop

Marc R
May I have a few minutes, while I research this issue? I will get back to you as soon I finish.

Kyle Bond
Okay; I'll be here.

Marc R
Please restart the PC. When you see the Compaq Logo, start tapping F1, key to enter the BIOS. Once in the BIOS check if the hard drive is listed.

Kyle Bond
yes it is.

Marc R
Okay. Click on Boot options and then check which is the 1st 2nd and 3rd boot device.

Kyle Bond
CDROM is first, floppy is second, and hard drive is third.

Marc R
It is likely that the operating s ystem is corrupt as the hard drive is okay.

Marc R
I suggest that you please perform a recovery to resolve the issue.

Kyle Bond
Yes I know that; I wiped the hard drive, but the problem is I can't boot to a cd, a floppy, or a hard drive; it just goes to operating system not found; it'll spin up the floppy disk, and the cd, and then it'll just go to that screen.

Marc R
Okay. Please navigate again to the BIOS and then check if the CD drive is listed.

Kyle Bond
Yes; it's listed as the first boot drive; I have two cdrom drives, and it spins up the disk in both of them, but won't boot to either of them.

Marc R
May I know which CD you are using to boot up the PC?

Kyle Bond
FreeDOS, various versions of Windows, Linux.

Marc R
May I know the exact date of the purchase of the PC?

Kyle Bond
Well, I don't know the exact date, but my bios is dated 04/18/01

Marc R
O kay. Let me know the year that you bought the PC.

Kyle Bond

Marc R
Can you please give me the serial number of the PC?

Kyle Bond
2H06DCV9W3EH

Marc R
Kyle, the issue that your PC is facing cannot be solved online through chat because it requires thorough examination.

Marc R
I suggest that you please take it to the nearest service provider and they will be assist you.

Kyle Bond
LOL Okay...thanks

Marc R
I apologize for the inconvenience.

Marc R
Is there anything else I can assist with regard to your PC today?

Kyle Bond
Nope, that's about it. Thanks for trying to help though, good bye.
Hehe...automated tech support = funny. Smile
lol... sounds like typical tech support... i sat in with a tech support guy at a company once, and it was so fastinating...

basically, this is how it works

research = doughnut
transfer call = get more soda, change voice slightly
please hold = you imbecile, im out of peanuts
alex10819 wrote:
lol... sounds like typical tech support... i sat in with a tech support guy at a company once, and it was so fastinating...

basically, this is how it works

research = doughnut
transfer call = get more soda, change voice slightly
please hold = you imbecile, im out of peanuts

Laughing ROFTL!! That's hilarious...
eep... the tech support guy i watched downed about 14 Diet Mountain Dews during the day...
This problem has happened to me a few times. When an operating system is infact installed, I normally just have to unplug and plug the hdd back in and turn it on again, but seeing as this is not quite the same (you say you have wiped out your drive), I would sugest that you see if in the BIOS there is an option like "Live CD" or something seeming similar to that. I can tell you what mine says tomorrow when I get back down to the cape. I'm not sure that would do anything, but I believe I had to enable that one time for a similar reason. As I think more about it, I think it might be "Bootable OS" or something...
put the hdd in another comp (if you have access to one) and install windows or linux on it, then put it back into the presario, and see if it works
No, but he said he eventually fixed it... Smile

So Ult Dev, when do we get to try out your server? Very Happy
gnome pwns y0 aZZ!!!!

oh, its installed now, everythings working great. just gotta finish her off with GAIM and FireFox, along with varius media players (mplayer r0xx0rz j00 b0xx0rz)
Laughing C3|\/|373C|-| r0xx0rz j00r b0><><0rz!1!!!!11!!eleventyonehundredone!!11!!
Quote:
gnome pwns y0 aZZ!!!!

Fluxbox owns all!

(I need to get a snapshot of my desktop here Very Happy)

Quote:
This problem has happened to me a few times. When an operating system is infact installed, I normally just have to unplug and plug the hdd back in and turn it on again, but seeing as this is not quite the same (you say you have wiped out your drive), I would sugest that you see if in the BIOS there is an option like "Live CD" or something seeming similar to that. I can tell you what mine says tomorrow when I get back down to the cape. I'm not sure that would do anything, but I believe I had to enable that one time for a similar reason. As I think more about it, I think it might be "Bootable OS" or something...

Um, I fixed the problem the same day I called tech support...(actually, 'Live Support') about 3 weeks ago Razz (info was posted in aother topic); my whole device setup was a mess (I got it from my aunt because it wasn't working; I can see why :roll) Apparently whoever serviced that machine set all of the EIDE drives to cable select on a non-cable select machine Rolling Eyes

Quote:
So Ult Dev, when do we get to try out your server? Very Happy

Well, I'm working on automating my server so that all of my necessary progs run on startup...I have accomplished this so far:

* kylebond.com now points to my server
* PHPNuke is installed with many cool features
* SHOUTcast! server (yes; streaming audio and video! I'm hoping to put my entire AMV collection there, as well as a few select anime series Very Happy)
* FTP is installed
* Blockland works

* Several other things that have nothing to do with serving my site, but cool things I've done in Linux
OK, you're sure that FTP is working right? Smile
I'll see if I can get on the Cemetech Blockland server later. And we'll have to upgrade to TBM 2 when it comes out! Surprised

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 12
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours