http://www.dinet.org/
http://www.dynakids.org/

From Wikipedia:
"Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (often referred to as just postural tachycardia syndrome or POTS) is a condition of dysautonomia, and more specifically, orthostatic intolerance, in which a change from the supine position to an upright position causes an abnormally large increase in heart rate, called tachycardia. This is often, but not always, accompanied by a fall in blood pressure... Patients with POTS have problems maintaining homeostasis when changing position, i.e. moving from one chair to another or reaching above their heads. Many patients also experience symptoms when stationary or even while lying down. Symptoms present in various degrees of severity depending on the patient. POTS is a serious, though non-life threatening, medical condition that can be severely disabling and debilitating. Many patients are unable to attend school or work, and especially severe cases can completely incapacitate the patient."

It's not as bad as it could be, but I do have a special medical IEP, called a chapter 15 or code 504, which excludes me from all the lateness/absence rules and grants me elevator privileges. This really sticks it to my a history teacher.
I get a sudden rush of blood away from my head if I stand up suddenly after sitting down for a while, but that's normal afaik; this sounds like a pain. Could you describe it in more lay terms and less medical jargon?
Ouch. I guess your lucky you can go to school and everything, considering how bad it sounds like it can be.

Did you just find out, or did you just randomly feel the need to mention this now?
jbr wrote:
Ouch. I guess your lucky you can go to school and everything, considering how bad it sounds like it can be.

Did you just find out, or did you just randomly feel the need to mention this now?
Mmmm, I'm also curious what triggered this sudden topic. Razz
I've had it since March, and my cardiologist only recently confirmed that it is almost definitely POTS (allthough the severity has yet to be determined, as the anti-depressants take months to have any noticeable effect)And this morning my Chapter 15 Medical IEP was finalized.
Update: my symptoms have been getting worse, I'm now coughing and have constant headaches, and I've missed this entire quarter of school. My doctor sent me for an MRI of my head, possibly looking for Chiari malformation. I don't if anyone here is a radiologist or a neurosurgeon or is otherwise interested, but here is a photo album of the MRI results:

http://s113.photobucket.com/albums/n237/GM240414/MRI/
I suppose that sucks. Sad

And not to be totally unsympathetic, but...

That's rather creepy-lookin'...
Creepy indeed, but kinda interesting too. Hope you feel better. Sad
Umm... Is that what heads are supposed to look like? I hope so...
It looks like someone tried to bash my head in with a lead pipe or something, the way it's curved... according to my aunt(a Radiologist), she doesn't see what she'd call a Chiari Malformation, but she'd need a CSpine to be sure, whatever the fuck that is. All I know is my head hurts like fuck and my schoolwork is suffering as a result. I got a great idea though if I can muster the energy: a photoshop'd animated GIF of the flesh on my face pealing back. Would that be badass or what?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours