Today was probably one of my luckiest days ever. I was on my way to school and I was behind a truck that was going to slow(aka the speed limit). I went around him and on the other side of the highway was a cop traveling in the opposite direction. Once i saw him i muttered shit under my breath. Five minutes later i still did not see him so i assumed i was alright. Then i looked into my rear view mirror and I saw that brown car coming over the hill with his blue lights flashing. I was in the same lane as him so I decided to change that way i would be out of his way. Well he changed lanes with me so i realized he was after me so i pulled over. He came up to my car and asked for my license and registration so i gave it to him. He asked where i was going and i told him the college. Then he told me the posted speed was 45 and i was going 55 according to the radar. Luckily though he let me off Cool
w00. I love when that happens =P

That happened to me a couple months ago, except it was even more lucky. I only have my permit (yeah, 19 and no license... go figure Mad ) and I had my Dad and little brother in the car. 80 at night (so it drops from 70 to 65).

Permit, 15 over, more then allowed in the car...

That guy obviously shouldn't be a cop, but I'm sure glad he is for my sake. Hahaha.
Last summer, I was racing a car up a hill. We were neck and neck, but the lanes were about to merge, so I had to back off and let him ahead of me. We crested the hill and there was a cop on the other side. The other guy got pulled over. Very Happy
Yeah, I don't think I'd trust myself to be responsible enough to drive after hearing these stories. Sad Good thing I live in a city with epic mass transit.
LOL. Driving is the awesomesauce. The only real crash I've been in involved me inadvertently 180-ing a minivan on an icy dirt road while travelling somewhat in excess of the speed limit....I drifted backwards into the snow and drove out the way I came in.
elfprince13 wrote:
0x5. Driving is the awesomesauce. The only real crash I've been in involved me inadvertently 180-ing a minivan on an icy dirt road while travelling somewhat in excess of the speed limit....I drifted backwards into the snow and drove out the way I came in.

I did the same thing in my car. Twice, actually, but the one time was somewhat on purpose. I kept jamming my brakes to fish tail. Then the one time I eventually lost it and went the whole way around. I was only doing <20mph, though, so nothing bad came out of it. The other time I was driving to school when it happened. I bent a rod somewhere near the rear wheel, but it was still drivable, and only a $80-ish fix. No aesthetic damage.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours