1072: Kerm Martian is on your list of things to see before you die
clementop wrote:
1071. You always carry a backup calc in case you mess up your primary one

I'm fairly certain that is a repeat. And praytell, what "mood" did I kill by attempting to remind people that there is a subject matter?
1073. You see a Target add for "up2d8" ("Up To Date") and initially think it's an uptime reading of 2 days 8 hours.
1074: You see "up2d8" and read it as "83pa28d"
Kllrnohj wrote:
clementop wrote:
1071. You always carry a backup calc in case you mess up your primary one

I'm fairly certain that is a repeat. And praytell, what "mood" did I kill by attempting to remind people that there is a subject matter?

Although you do have a point, and I know the question isn't directed towards me, I'm going to give my answer anyway. People, even if it isn't good to post repeats, sometimes don't like it when other people tell them that the sign they added to the list is a repeat. It's kind of like saying (in a reply to an attempted joke that somebody feels proud of), "You're not funny." It makes the person feel bad, and therefore generates some "negative energy" when corresponds to the "mood" being "killed." (I'm not really disagreeing with you, I just had an urge to reply to you Razz)

1075. "I swear on my stack of calculators"

1076. A calculator rehabilitation center was founded after your addiction.

(And if any of these two are repeats, sorry, my mistake)
oh shoot, yeah, the idea has been repeated. My bad. It was really weak though. tee hee i like #1076
KermMartian wrote:
1073. You see a Target add for "up2d8" ("Up To Date") and initially think it's an uptime reading of 2 days 8 hours.

Just cause I feel like being a killjoy right now - that also has nothing to do with calculators and/or addictions to calculators Razz

Seriously though, I'm beginning to think that this thread should go back to being dead - its past 1024, and it kinda stopped being funny around number 100...
1077. You continue being a very active member in a calculator forum, even when you have no link cable, calculator, or programming projects.
1078. You keep posting in this thread...
What, Kerm?
What? You had originally typed '1088'
Shh, bad Kerm, you weren't supposed to say!

Razz
1079. You can program calculators, but you can't count sequentially properly (cough, cough, Sting::Ray)
1080. You codename your projects based on... well, you'd rather not tell.
The REAL 1079. You post two new signs that you're addicted, yet somehow they're not related to your addiction. (cough, cough, KermMartian)
haveacalc wrote:
1077. You continue being a very active member in a calculator forum, even when you have no link cable, calculator, or programming projects.

Here's to #1077!!! ha ha ha i'm in this situation
KermMartian wrote:
1080. You codename your projects based on... well, you'd rather not tell.

Um... that's just kind of dumb. Montuori sounds cool and it's your project, so we can't be hating on you for not filling us in. But, the thing is, this thread is supposed to be for humor, and you can't tell a joke without a punchline.
foamy3 wrote:
Um... that's just kind of dumb. Montuori sounds cool and it's your project, so we can't be hating on you for not filling us in. But, the thing is, this thread is supposed to be for humor, and you can't tell a joke without a punchline.

That *is* the punchline - the idea of the joke was that programmers keep their codenames secret. But, like I have been saying, an overwhelming majority of these "signs" aren't about calculators and aren't funny...
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

That *is* the punchline - the idea of the joke was that programmers keep their codenames secret. But, like I have been saying, an overwhelming majority of these "signs" aren't about calculators and aren't funny...
What he said. I think calculators are just too limited a field for this - perhaps a "Top NNNN Signs You're Obsessed with Technology" or something?
that would be good...hopefully it would keep me from repeating the same things over again....
1081. You resurrect five-year-old threads for the sake of calculator humor
1082. People have to ask things like, "is that a calculator in your pocket, or are you glad to see me," to which you must confess that you do indeed keep a TI-84+SE in your pocket at all times.
1083. You've uttered the phrase "calculator emergency" in all seriousness at least once in your life.
1084. You were referring to a situation that required a calculator, but which you didn't have, in #1083.
1085. You consider it a point of honor to have met other dedicated calculator programmers in real life.
1086. You discussed calculator things rather than real life with said programmers.
1087: you play your Computer games on your calculator
1088: they run faster on your calculator
1089: you can type faster on your calculator then on your computer.
1090: you know that there are Strings on your calculator
1091: you use them every day
1092. You design a computer keyboard in ABCDE so you can type faster than on QWERTY
1093. At least 50% of your serious resume is somehow calculator-related
1094. You've spent a significant percentage of your life devoted to the calculator community
1095. You participate in at least two calculator IRC channels (bonus points for three, four, or more)
1096. You jailbreak a ps3 with a TI-84+SE

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 23
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours