Bye
I'm leaving.

This site sucks. Other than rthprog, nobody really helped me out with programming. And ignorant little kllrnoj keeps saying I'm an idiot.

,,I,, (O_o) ,,I,,

Edit: This site doesn't suck, and I think your doing a great job Kerm. It's just some people in the community *cough* Kllrnoj *cough* who ruin it.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
And ignorant little kllrnoj keeps saying I'm an idiot.

I never once said you were an idiot. At least, not until the sentence immediately following this one.

You are an idiot. Please stop using the word "ignorant" until you know what it means.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
No, I don't think so. Why would somebody call me a noob at life when nobody here even knows me?

Brandonw is likely correct. We know you here, how you type, what you say, etc... This *IS* a part of life, so if you are a noob at typing and expressing your ideas/thoughts clearly, to everyone here you are a noob at life since we don't know you outside of here.

That, and athletics don't account for <font color=red>censored</font> outside of school.

And just to clarify, this is where it all started.

If you've ever studied sociology and/or psychology you'll learn people really do have first impressions of you. Say, if its their first time in the car with you while your behind the wheel and you get pulled over, chances are they'll give second thoughts when it comes to who drives who later on.

It's all about what people see through a window at any given time.

Another example. Its your first time in a new neighborhood in rural Kentucky and your staying with family who recently moved in. The neighbor across the street has buddies over and they keep shooting at beer bottles all day with their rifles.

The next day you go home and you e-mail your family and tell them they should do something about the constant shooting. They respond that its a monthly thing during deer season where they do target practice at home then go out for a week and hunt deer.

What you do gives people a window into who you are. The longer they peer into the window the more they know. Whether they're just going to peek in for a minute, hour, a day or a year you have no idea. But its probably a good idea to try to be your best whenever possible.

We know as much as about you as you know about us. If you still decide to leave, go ahead and give victory to everyone whose attacked you. But if you stay, you prove to yourself that you can take this.

Sticks & Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. I don't know how old this saying is, but god damn't man, its something I've lived by all my life and will continue to do.

Sure, you have your flaws, i.e. double posting is a major one I know of. But I can't find any of your spelling errors and what not. It may be there, but its not as bad as some other people I've know on FaceBook who don't even know of the punctuation keys and decide to spell words any which way they please.

Sorry about bypassing the swear filter...
I understand what you are saying, and I appreciate it. But, I never said that people don't have first impressions, what I meant was that often times first impressions are incorrect.
Then stay and prove that to us Smile

We'll to everyone else, I'm not really following this whole ordeal... Nor do I care... Too much.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

We'll to everyone else, I'm not really following this whole ordeal... Nor do I care... Too much.
I always like new users, and n00bs (programming-wise) always give me a welcome opportunity to stretch my programming and teaching muscles, but if you don't feel it's a good environment for you, I can't prevent you from leaving.
KermMartian wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:

I always like new users, and n00bs (programming-wise) always give me a welcome opportunity to stretch my programming and teaching muscles, but if you don't feel it's a good environment for you, I can't prevent you from leaving.

I respect your honesty.
aww don't leave... Sad

just to tack on my kinda redundant two cents; people on the internet often come across harsher than they mean to, largely because of a host of inaccurate terms, sarcastic comments that may not seem so, and heh... everyone fumes sometimes. Hell, if you look back you'll see people pissed at me for uber-necroposting Very Happy ...Still, (basically) everyone here has something to contribute, someway to help you out in some way. Personally I've learned loads from here, and plus it's nice to throw around new ideas here... Basically I'm saying that if you get past a few harsh comments, you have a lot to benefit from this site Smile
rthprog wrote:
aww don't leave... Sad

just to tack on my kinda redundant two cents; people on the internet often come across harsher than they mean to, largely because of a host of inaccurate terms, sarcastic comments that may not seem so, and heh... everyone fumes sometimes. Hell, if you look back you'll see people pissed at me for uber-necroposting Very Happy ...Still, (basically) everyone here has something to contribute, someway to help you out in some way. Personally I've learned loads from here, and plus it's nice to throw around new ideas here... Basically I'm saying that if you get past a few harsh comments, you have a lot to benefit from this site Smile

Thanks.

You always were the one that helps me out the most. Smile
I got bullied out of the first forum I ever joined in a very similar way, so I know how it feels. Of course, their bullying was done by a lot more people (the entire forum, except for the other two noobs who they were bullying), but in essence the things they were saying were the same. They couldn't think of a real character flaw other than being an "idiot."

In the end, they sent me a fake subpoena (the last straw, for me.) My farewell message was a lot less level headed than yours, however ("Next time you step in a flaming bag of dog shit, remember me!").

The point is, since you seem so ready to be polite and levelheaded to us and that your main problem is with a single member who just seems to have a problem with you, I think you are capable of looking at this community and saying, "I can overlook one big troll."

I never feel good about people leaving communities for any reason, especially if I feel like it was someone or some group within the community that made it happen. If I have said anything that has offended you, please understand that I meant no personal insult by it.
jbr wrote:
The point is, since you seem so ready to be polite and levelheaded to us and that your main problem is with a single member who just seems to have a problem with you, I think you are capable of looking at this community and saying, "I can overlook one big troll."

My only real problem with Swoll_Monkey is that he has revealed himself to be an attention whore (who seems to deliberately mis-read posts). He can't even make up his mind on whether or not he is leaving, yet he made a thread saying he was (when clearly he isn't since he is still active in other threads).

Hell, he flamed ME before I ever flamed him, but you don't see me throwing a hissy fit over it Razz
Look, as an "elder" poster, I would expect you to have learned a little more restraint and courtesy-- at least enough to set a good example.

Yes, all people have flaws, some more noticeable or annoying than others. Some peoples' flaw, of course, is becoming overly interested in other peoples' flaws.

By the way, Mr. Reading Comprehension, the part of that post that you quoted was from HIS perspective, not mine. Razz

I think it is pretty obvious that he has been offended by you, whether his reaction is "overly emo" or not. I think it is valid for me to say that I think he thinks you are a troll, for that reason.

I'm trying to mediate, here! Please, don't kill me over it! I think we all need to recognize that people all form opinions based on personal processes, so the simple fact that someone else's opinion is different from your own does not make it "bad." If you want to change how someone feels about something, try adding something useful that they will take into account when preforming their own process, rather than shouting at a brick wall.
No, jbr, you have the right idea here. Kllrnohj is always completely lacking in tact of any sort, but his qualifications with actual knowledge are the only reason we keep him around. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
No, jbr, you have the right idea here. Kllrnohj is always completely lacking in tact of any sort, but his qualifications with actual knowledge are the only reason we keep him around. Smile

And I totally admit to that, just not in this case. The first personal attack was still from Swoll_Monkey flaming me. If he couldn't take the retaliation heat, well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over that one.

Don't start a fight you can't finish and all that Smile
Well, I haven't been on the forums for about a month now, but I'm probably going to be coming on more in the future. If you need help with anything, don't hesitate to ask/PM/e-mail me.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Bye
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours