Timer use, I presume? Yes, the code indicates that that is why it only works on an 84.

Too bad about the broken compatibility, but I can't really complain since my BASIC bomberman game does the exact same thing.
Yeah sorry about that guys... I might be able to implement something similar, but right now thats what I'm using to time the bombs.
swivelgames wrote:
Yeah sorry about that guys... I might be able to implement something similar, but right now thats what I'm using to time the bombs.

I'm sure you can create a new list that tracks the number of bombs and how long they've been out. Incriment by like .333 each loop for each bomb.

But the more bombs the more elements and the slower things will get =/

Just my idea~

I myself can't find a better way than using Timer(
swivelgames wrote:
What calculator do you have? This is only for the TI-84

I was using an emulator with an 83+ rom lol
Yeah, thats one reason I like the 84P is because it doesn't depend on how slow your calc is Razz

Sorry to disappoint anyone, lol...

I'm working on the map editor right now though (its 83 compatible!! Very Happy ) lol
swivelgames wrote:
I'm working on the map editor right now though (its 83 compatible!! Very Happy ) 0x5

Is the editor independent of the game program itself? & why create a Map Editor/Creator that's 83 compatible when the initial game won't work on that model Confused

Confused, but I'm applauding your progress! Smile
I mean that the map editor wont contain the timer functions, lol. Meaning you wont run in to them when you run the program. And I'm going to build it in to the game. That way its easier to access and what not Razz
swivelgames wrote:
I mean that the map editor wont contain the timer functions, 0x5. Meaning you wont run in to them when you run the program. And I'm going to build it in to the game. That way its easier to access and what not Razz
Yeah, I kind of figured that out. Very Happy Not only that, but you'll cut down on the size of the game's executable by putting the editor in a separate program.
Okay, I've pretty much finished the game but I want to add my spiffy menu screen to the rest of the menus in the game Razz

Pretty much right now you can just run around the levels blowing up the blocks, lol. I fixed a couple glitches which would allow you to blow up the 0's as well as blow up blocks through walls (0x5).

As for the map editor: Its finished for the most part Very Happy

A small little tut:
When you first open the game you will select a map for which you will play and edit. This is just a matrix on your matrix list. Try choosing one that you wont use in Algebra 2 class Razz

When you get to main menu after choosing a map you can click "Level Editor" and hitting the 2ND key will allow you to scroll through the different types of blocks (wall, breakable, and end-point (no use for this yet, but it WILL block you. Basically the same as a breakable for now...)).

Move around with the arrow keys, and after you're finished editing hit ENTER to go back to the main menu. It will automatically save over your old map as soon as you hit enter. I should probably add a button to cancle if you don't want to save it, but I suppose the ON button will have to do for now Razz

Hope you guys like it so far. I'm going to see if I can't optimize it a bit while I'm on the site, so if the download link doesn't work just try again after a few seconds because its probably me reuploading it Razz

My editing / optimizing will not add or remove any features so don't worry about downloading the latest one until I post about it again.

Download BomberMan: TI
A couple minor updates for the most part. If there wasn't a menu in the last update (can't remember) there is now.

Again, this is only for the TI-84* calculators. I've included some custom levels and its really easy to change them around. I'll be adding tons more features to the editor as well as things like drops in the actual game.

Drops, Objectives, and other things won't be added at least for a little bit. But I'll be adding them eventually Razz

I've made the explosion smaller and eventually when drops are added it will allow you to have a larger explosion.

I fixed the glitch where you can blow up walls if you're in the right spot, so thats finished as well.

Hope you guys like it so far.

Download BomberMan: TI

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours