foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama
3) Obama (this is the same question as #2...)
4) Both suck, Palin ruined McCain
5) I am of age, I did vote.

Same.
Same except for 4 and 5.

Are you planning on voting, or are you just FAIL?

Same
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Pretty much the same here, including my opinion of 2 and 3 being the same question.
Well congrats guys, Obama won! Smile

As for me I'm going to sit in a dark, emotionally saturated, and unpopulated corner and cry.

Personally, I wasn't thinking "Obama Won!", but instead "McCain Lost?!". As if it were a shocker, lol...
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Same.
Same except for 4 and 5.

Missed the registration deadline by a few hours. :/
swivelgames wrote:

As for me I'm going to sit in a dark, emotionally saturated, and unpopulated corner and cry.

Personally, I wasn't thinking "Obama Won!", but instead "McCain Lost?!". As if it were a shocker, 0x5...

Good. Go cry.
swivelgames wrote:

Personally, I wasn't thinking "Obama Won!", but instead "McCain Lost?!". As if it were a shocker, 0x5...

Obama Obliterated more like it.
KermMartian wrote:
foamy3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Same.
Same except for 4 and 5.

Missed the registration deadline by a few hours. :/

Aww, bummer.
Ron Paul '12

errr, what I meant to say was, any bets on which of last night's speeches were written by people other than the candidates?
McCain's concession speach was way too impressive to have been only one person's work. It's also improbbable that one person who had a very good chance of winning, would be THAT prepared to lose, unless they were planning for or expecting it all along.

As for Obama's speech, it was nice, but not nearly as nice as McCains, so he could have wrote it himself.
I would of voted for Gore tbh. ^_^
Ugh, Ron Paul would be such a horrible president. You're probably a diggtard.
Yeah, if Ron Paul is still alive in '12 then I'm voting for him Razz

Too bad he didn't make the primary Laughing
swivelgames wrote:

Too bad he didn't make the primary 0x5

I feel so stupid. I got carried away before filling out my Absentee Ballot, that I filled in the last arrow, the blank space. So I had to write in who I wanted to vote for =/
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
swivelgames wrote:

Too bad he didn't make the primary 0x5

I feel so stupid. I got carried away before filling out my Absentee Ballot, that I filled in the last arrow, the blank space. So I had to write in who I wanted to vote for =/
Hehe, smartly done there, genius.
What would happen if 51% of the populous or more were somehow convinced to write in a candidate that doesn't exist? Or what would happen if the majority wrote in a particular candidate, but misspelled the name many different ways?
In the first case, all intelligent people would just realize how dumb Americans actually are and just move to another country, so who really cares?
foamy3 wrote:
In the first case, all intelligent people would just realize how dumb Americans actually are and just move to another country, so who really cares?

What about the second case?

Well, for the first part, all nominated candidates are on the ballot, so the chances of that happening are slim, unless 51%+ wrote in themselves.

For part two, we as Americans are more than educated to spell a presidential nominee's name correct after seeing it in newspapers, magazines & on the TV.

But with all these budget cuts here in Cali, we may soon be no smarter than a third world country. I find it sad, that the teachers in our elementary schools (well, at least in the district my mom works in) have to teach English to kids of whom English isn't their first language while all the other kids have a second recess.

The teachers shouldn't be required to teach English, it's basically all for not. Its like learning math but never doing the HW, because those kids are going to go home and speak to their parents using the language spoken in their home.

Not to mention it is a complete waste of time for everyone else. And no, the other kids can't learn something else, because if they were off learning math then that wouldn't be equal opportunity for the kids; basically the kids off learning English aren't getting taught math when the other kids are. The exception with the 'English learners' is that they are learning English so they can have an 'equal' opportunity.

Wow, Sorry for the off-topicness and any offense I may have caused... Smile
DShiznit wrote:
What would happen if 51% of the populous or more were somehow convinced to write in a candidate that doesn't exist? Or what would happen if the majority wrote in a particular candidate, but misspelled the name many different ways?

That person would be president assuming that they met the requirements in both cases.
Kllrnohj wrote:
DShiznit wrote:

That person would be president assuming that they met the requirements in both cases.

That is not always the case. Some places require you to state that you are running a write in campaign. Where I live, if you are trying to run a write in campaign and don't register your intent to, those votes are not counted. Chances are though, if someone was working on a write i campaign like that, they would register where they needed to.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Well, for the first part, all nominated candidates are on the ballot, so the chances of that happening are slim, unless 51%+ wrote in themselves.

Why would that matter at all? All that means is that there would be a ton of people with just one vote. The remaining 49% would still be able to vote and elect a president.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours