Yes, I already know there is a topic of the 2008 campaign. But, since today is election day, I just wanted to know how you guys felt about it.

1) Who do you think is going to win?
2) Who do you think should win?
3) Which of these two men would make a better president?
4) What are their weaknesses; what are their strengths?
and lastly...
5) If you are of age, would you vote?
1) Obama
2) Obama
3) Obama (this is the same question as #2...)
4) Both suck, Palin ruined McCain
5) I am of age, I did vote.
1) McCain
2) Obama
4) Palin isn't portraying herself in "Who's Nailin Paylin?"
5) I'm going right after class at 12:15
Technically, question 2 and 3 are not the same. I put it there to see if people were biased or not.
Everyone has a bias. That question won't clear things up. You can't just "turn off" your bias to answer a question.
foamy3 wrote:
Everyone has a bias. That question won't clear things up. You can't just "turn off" your bias to answer a question.

You could if you were honest.
If you recognize that you want an inferior president to win, then you don't deserve to have the right to vote.
foamy3 wrote:
If you recognize that you want an inferior president to win, then you don't deserve to have the right to vote.

Do you even read what I post?

Some people are biased in their opinion on who should win. This is question #2.

However, if you were honest with yourself, and you actually know that the other candidate is better for this country, you could answer question #3 honestly.

I only put it in there to see if people would actually do that.

Understand now?
1)Obama
2)McCain
3)Neither, really. I don't particularly like either but dislike McCain less than Obama
4)I agree with Killrnohj. Both suck. Haven't an opinion on Palin though.
5)17 at the time of this election. Can't vote.

I thought 2 and 3 were asking "Who do you want to win and do you want him to win because you believe the guy is the best choice or because you really hate the other guy?" In a way, it makes sense from that perspective. I prefer McCain only because I find Obama to be a political stunt with bad ideas and no sense of how government works. I really don't like either candidate.
KeithJohansen wrote:
1)Obama
2)McCain
3)Neither, really. I don't particularly like either but dislike McCain less than Obama
4)I agree with Killrnohj. Both suck. Haven't an opinion on Palin though.
5)17 at the time of this election. Probably will vote.

I thought 2 and 3 were asking "Who do you want to win and do you want him to win because you believe the guy is the best choice or because you really hate the other guy?" In a way, it makes sense from that perspective. I prefer McCain only because I find Obama to be a political stunt with bad ideas and no sense of how government works. I really don't like either candidate.

Okay thank you for your opinion. I see somebody finally understands what I meant. Other than that, I agree with you that neither candidate is good at all. I don't necessarily think that Obama has bad ideas, I just think that he is too young (being a junior senator) and inexperienced to handle being president.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Technically, question 2 and 3 are not the same. I put it there to see if people were biased or not.

Yes they are. Nobody in their right mind would want something inferior. So unless somewhere here is clinically insane, #2 and #3 are asking the same question. People want the person to win who they think will do a better job.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:

Yes they are. Nobody in their right mind would want something inferior. So unless somewhere here is clinically insane, #2 and #3 are asking the same question. People want the person to win who they think will do a better job.

Once again, let me reiterate. There are people that base their vote not by who is better, but by certain aspects of their beliefs and opinions.

I dare you to say that there is no more racism left in this world. Don't you think that people who are racist will vote for McCain, not because they like him, but because they don't like Obama.

Don't you think that just for some aspects of what each candidate stands for, it would have a crucial outcome on the vote that somebody casts? For example, abortion. Most Christians and Muslims would probably vote for McCain just because of the issue of abortion.

There are many more subjects on why people would not vote for the better president, and these are just some main ones.

So, to conclude, don't be ignorant of the world around you. Not everyone is as smart as you think they are, or should be. Going back to my original point, people have a bias, but if they were truly honest, they could answer question #3 differently.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
So, to conclude, don't be ignorant of the world around you. Not everyone is as smart as you think they are, or should be. Going back to my original point, people have a bias, but if they were truly honest, they could answer question #3 differently.

And if they were truly honest they would have answered #2 with the candidate they think is the better president, which brings us back to questions 2 and 3 are identical.

Lets face it, people who are biased, racists, sexists, what-have-you-ists ARE NOT TRULY HONEST. Your single argument for having two questions ask the same thing but worded slightly different has a major logic flaw. It just doesn't work.
Kllrnohj wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:

And if they were truly honest they would have answered #2 with the candidate they think is the better president, which brings us back to questions 2 and 3 are identical.

Lets face it, people who are biased, racists, sexists, what-have-you-ists ARE NOT TRULY HONEST. Your single argument for having two questions ask the same thing but worded slightly different has a major logic flaw. It just doesn't work.

Wow, and you say I have grammatical errors. Hypocrite.
And that's exactly why you aren't taking his post seriously! See my point?
If Kllrnohj could read, he would of seen KeithJohansen's post.

Quote:
I thought 2 and 3 were asking "Who do you want to win and do you want him to win because you believe the guy is the best choice or because you really hate the other guy?" In a way, it makes sense from that perspective.

He explained it better than I did.
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Same.
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Same.
Same except for 4 and 5.
KermMartian wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
1) Obama
2) Obama

Same.
Same except for 4 and 5.

Are you planning on voting, or are you just FAIL?
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Wow, and you say I have grammatical errors. Hypocrite.

I am no such thing.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours