Hey all, I'm MechaTech84 (preferrably just mecha for short).

If you want to know more about me then thats just too bad you creepy stalker! Nah, I'm just kidding... I used to be somewhat active in the calculator community (about 18 to 36 months ago), but then kinda faded away. But I'm back. I never really went to this forum much, but I found it while I was messing around on the internet today.

Stuff about me:

I am addicted to the rubik's cube... actually its more of an obsessive addiction.... anyway....

I got my ipod photo to play videos, gameboy games, etc... (Its pretty sweet.)

I program fairly well in TI basic... never got into any assembly.

I have a TI 89 titanium, and a TI 84+SE, but I prefer the 89 because in school I type my (long) history notes on it (I bought the TI keyboard).

I need to get back into programming Basic, and eventually start learning ASM for the 84 or (more likely) C for the 89.

Well, I'm gonna go post my return on some other forums I went to... See ya soon... -Mecha

P.S. No really, see you soon. like in real life... like I'm standing right behind you... What do you mean you didn't see me? Duh... I'm invisible! Sucker!!!
What's up Mecha. I hope to be seeing you a lot around here, as I have tons of questions because I just started this stuff.

Also, I actually got into the Rubik's cube thing last year, but it kinda died. I was nowhere near as good as your times, but I was pretty good. I could get to the last level and then do slow on the bottom face. Rolling Eyes
Well, its been a while since I did any serious programming, but I will be sure to help as much as I can. On a similar note, I have a couple questions of my own for anyone who knows or has some ideas:

Is it possible to overclock an 89 titanium effectively? (mostly I want to know if I can speed up gb68k at all, its a great program, but just not as much fun to play zelda in slo-mo)

and the one I really need to know:
Essentially my question is this: How do I take in input from the keyboard through either the I/O port or the USB port, directly? (I have an adapter that is 2.5mm to Mini USB) And it is the TI keyboard, not any PS2 or regular USB or anything.

I hope that made sense... If it didn't let me know and I'll try again.
-Mecha
mechatech84 wrote:
Hey all, I'm MechaTech84 (preferrably just mecha for short).
I got my ipod photo to play videos, gameboy games, etc... (Its pretty sweet.)

Rockbox, eh?
Yeah, I had that on my ancient archos back in the day. It was sooo sweet to be able to play grainy videos on a screen with lower resolution that a ti83 when most people with fancy expensive iPods still couldn't.

Nice to see someone interested in emulation, as well.
Welcome to Cemetech! Do you have a ticalc.org author profile so we can get an idea of some of the projects you've worked on?
Sorry, no such luck with the TICalc.org profile, though I will probably set one up this week now that you say that.

As far as projects go, my specialty was making random movies... For myself personally, I liked entertaining my friends and making them laugh, and most of them didn't have enough free time to play through an entire game, so I decided to make short movies instead.

If you look at calcgames.org under the 83 projects section, they are called the bob videos. The best one is Bob8, but its a continuation of bob7, so watching them both would be best. 1-5 aren't that great, and bob6 is mostly me getting used to omnicalc graphics.

And yes, rockbox al the way... I used to use ipodlinux, but since rockbox plays music, gb games, and movies in the same UI I finally switched over.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours