KermMartian wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, you can generally find them on eBay for about $15, or Staples for $20.

Okay, cool. I guess I have to wait till I get $20 0x5

Edit: Wait, so, can I make Basic programs on the computer, and put it on my calculator then? If so, would it be faster?

These are the same cables that charge PS3 controllers and a few digital cameras use to connect to computes. You may just have one laying around.

As for the computer, The mac version of TI-Connect allows one to develop a program for any calculator - it even has predictive type! like T9 on your cell phone! - but it doesn't support ASM, nor is it an emulator =/
No, false @ the cable. He has an 83+, it sounds like, not an 84, so he needs the silverlink instead of the direct USB link.

Yeah, I have an 83+, so where can I get a silverlink, and how much are they. Plus, I'm talking stores, not online.
I'm going to put this project on hold, as I am not experienced enough, sadly, for even a text based game. Truely, I only am just beginning to learn Basic, and I feel ashamed of it, since you guys already know basic, asm, java, c++ and like everything else. I know diddly squat. I really want to make some cool games and stuff, because I'm good at thinking of ideas, just that I can't make them come to life.

In the meantime, I'm gonna practice easy programs and learn more. Maybe even start on a tictactoe game, and keep making it better as I learn more. I'll tell you guys when I get back to my DrugRush project. Because, some of you guys said it had a good plot and good potential.
No actually your text based rpg is one of your easiest project tic tac toe can be difficult when beginning and don't worry about you experience level we all were at your point at one point or another.
noahbaby94 wrote:
No actually your text based rpg is one of your easiest project tic tac toe can be difficult when beginning and don't worry about you experience level we all were at your point at one point or another.

The way I invision my game right now, it's going to be pretty complicated for me to work out. It might even give problems to some of the more experienced coders here.

Edit: Lemme make my point a little more clear. Not only was it going to be text based, but it would also have scene animated, as well as certain points where you control a cross hair to assassinate your targets. In addition to this, the plot line in my head is the size of a small novel, and I had even more ideas to implement into it.
http://tifreakware.net/tutorials/83p/b/tifw/

Look through those. That should give you a boost.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours