The codes are as follows:

First digit: Row number (counted from the top)
Second digit: Key on the row

So that means that 2nd is 21 because it is the first key on the second row, and Clear is 45 because it is the fifth key in the 4th row.
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Thanks, that's what I was looking for, i think Rolling Eyes

Anyway, isn't
Code:
for(1,100,Y
supposed to be
Code:
for(Y,1,100
?
Yup, no idea what he was doing there. Very Happy I see you already understand the concept of omitting the final parenthesis.
KermMartian wrote:
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
Thanks, that's what I was looking for, i think Rolling Eyes

Anyway, isn't
Code:
for(1,100,Y
supposed to be
Code:
for(Y,1,100
?
Yup, no idea what he was doing there. Very Happy I see you already understand the concept of omitting the final parenthesis.

I don't know what you mean, but cool! Razz
I mean writing For(Y,1,100 instead of For(Y,1,100) to save the extra byte that the closing parenthesis takes up.
KermMartian wrote:
I mean writing For(Y,1,100 instead of For(Y,1,100) to save the extra byte that the closing parenthesis takes up.

it saves memory? cool, i didn't know that.
KermMartian wrote:
Yup, no idea what he was doing there. Very Happy ...

HEY! I've been out of the scene for a few years. I'm a bit rusty. Razz && Thanks for pointing out my mistake Swoll_Monkey Smile
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

it saves memory? cool, i didn't know that.
Every token (for example, "4", "A", "While(", "End", "rand", "L", etc) takes up at least one byte of memory, while some take 2, so the fewer tokens the better.
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

HEY! I've been out of the scene for a few years. I'm a bit rusty. Razz && Thanks for pointing out my mistake Swoll_Monkey Smile

No problem. I actually thought that did something different than the way I thought it was, so I was actually confused Laughing
Swoll_Monkey wrote:
some18kanal0n3 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No problem. I actually thought that did something different than the way I thought it was, so I was actually confused 0x5
some18: No offense intended, I'm sure I'd make equally n00by mistakes since I haven't seriously programmed TI-BASIC in the past two or three years.
ok srry but I just read Kerm's first comment (waaay back on page 1)... and you CAN practically kinda sorta draw on the homescreen if you copy the homescreen to the graphscreen using ZSCREEN (included in Zaphod's Lunar IDE group... I think).
Or you could use this hex code.

Code:

AsmPrgm
214093EF7B4CFDCB
0386EF6A48C9

Thanks to brandonw.
rthprog wrote:
ok srry but I just read Kerm's first comment (waaay back on page 1)... and you CAN practically kinda sorta draw on the homescreen if you copy the homescreen to the graphscreen using ZSCREEN (included in Zaphod's Lunar IDE group... I think).
I was talking about without any ASM intervention. It's not possible in pure BASIC. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
some18: No offense intended, I'm sure I'd make equally n00by mistakes since I haven't seriously programmed TI-BASIC in the past two or three years.

Its all good; I took it in stride, as I thought I passed off with 'Razz" haha... My bad

As for the ASM/HEX code, that is useful but I think it'd take some reading to actually use it...
Sorry, don't know assembly, so at this point in time, that looks like a abnormal assortment of numbers to me. Rolling Eyes
It is.

The last person to actually memorize the hex tables for any architecture died of old age in the 1980's, as we like to say.

That is, no one actually programs like that. That is just the binary equivalent of what we want to do (which would normally be expressed in a more readable format), expressed as hexadecimal bytes.
jbr wrote:
It is.

The last person to actually memorize the hex tables for any architecture died of old age in the 1980's, as we like to say.

That is, no one actually programs like that. That is just the binary equivalent of what we want to do (which would normally be expressed in a more readable format), expressed as hexadecimal bytes.
I know the hex codes for z80 assembly... Evil or Very Mad Okay, everyone shout together: NERD!!! Razz
calc84maniac wrote:
jbr wrote:
It is.

I know the hex codes for z80 assembly... :evil: Okay, everyone shout together: NERD!!! :P

And just for good measure:

Both are shirts I own X))
I didn't want to post too big of photo's in a non-photo topic :P
calc84maniac wrote:
jbr wrote:
It is.

I know the hex codes for z80 assembly... Evil or Very Mad Okay, everyone shout together: NERD!!! Razz

ZOMBIE!
haha, not really. Ok, that's pretty cool, albeit very nerdy. Of course, I think nerdy is the goal for a lot of us. Wink

I only started learning z80 assembly a week or two ago, but I think I already understand enough to do some actual work. I'm having trouble thinking of a game that hasn't already been made, as it turns out. I was thinking maybe a 2d fighter in the vein of mortal kombat (waaay better than street fighter in my opinion, if any other fans of 90s video games want to argue with me), but I'm afraid that might require too much speed to work with the still very inefficient style of coding I use. Grayscale definitely doesn't seem to be a possibility for something like that.
LMAO! I just figured out the pi shirt thing: a. Lawl, I feel like an idiot! Laughing

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours