I plugged the USB cord into the port on the computer and the calculator but neither are registering anything. I know the computer works because I just transferred a program 15 minutes ago. But usually when I plug a cord in the calculator's screen freezes up for a while. Which isn't happening now.

Please, God tell me the farging USB port isn't broken.
First, reboot the computer, then, I would try another cable. (They're fairly common, most Cameras use them) if neither works, try another computer, and then if that doesn't work, re-install TIConnect. If nothing helps...
The cable isn't going to be the problem. I agree on the reboot device, but it sounds like you might need a RAM Clear on your calc. Were you doing any thing strange or unusual with ASM or buggy shells?
I find that certain applications--CalcSys, Omnicalc--actually make it so that the computer won't register. I get around this with MSD8X and USBDRV8X -- two apps that, when combined, allow me to access and transfer .8x* files on a FAT32 flash drive, directly connected to my calculator. I got a cable that has two universal connections on each end and 5 USB heads: Male A, Female A, Mini Male A, Mini Male B, and Male B. Female A and Mini Male A do the job. I got it from Radioshack for $20--it's a good buy, since a Male B to Male A cable (printer cable) costs around $25.
KermMartian wrote:
The cable isn't going to be the problem. I agree on the reboot device, but it sounds like you might need a RAM Clear on your calc. Were you doing any thing strange or unusual with ASM or buggy shells?

Not at all. I cleared the RAM and the calculator still isn't registering anything. Just keeps on going like nothing happened. But this is weird, because even if the other end of the cord isn't plugged into anything the calculator will still prepare for a transfer when it's inserted.
There's nothing unusual about that at all (the prep-for-transfer), but it's still frustrating that your calculator isn't recognized. Did you try restarting your computer?
KermMartian wrote:
There's nothing unusual about that at all (the prep-for-transfer), but it's still frustrating that your calculator isn't recognized. Did you try restarting your computer?

No, I mean the prep-for-transfer has always happened, but now it's not happening. Which logically would mean the port's broken but I want to make absolutely sure it's not anything else before I try to find a solution.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours