Check out the ticalc.org news:
A guy asks if someone can take on his project of creating a 89-ish math app for the TI-83 Plus, featuring "pretty print", and lots of other things.

Anyone interested?
ZagorNBK wrote:
Check out the ticalc.org news:
A guy asks if someone can take on his project of creating a 89-ish math app for the TI-83 Plus, featuring "pretty print", and lots of other things.

Anyone interested?
Aye, saw that, and it looked pretty interesting, but as with most of the other people on here (I suspect), I don't have the time for it.
its the same guy who wrote the original prettyprint app.
Oh nice, It looks like a cool project and would put zoomalg in its place but (aka calc programs should be free) who has the time, though I could maybe take a look at it if it becomes a team project cuz I need something calc related to work on.
I should so take on this project. Between my 1337 asm skills, and my not having anything to do, I could have this done in practically.. never. Razz

I hope someone takes it on, because it would be awesome to remake the programs that zoom algebra and such have and put them up for free, just to show them up. Smile
Well I'd be willing to help if this became a team project but flying solo I'd have no chance.
There is this thing, it doesn't work on most OSes but if someone contacted the writer and asked for the code, it might help... (or not I don't know in what stage the program is...)
Igrek wrote:
There is this thing, it doesn't work on most OSes but if someone contacted the writer and asked for the code, it might help... (or not I don't know in what stage the program is...)

This program you wrote about just puts the equations in small characters whereas Typhoon uses Pretty Print which is much better.

I think the idea of a team working on it is a good idea. If anyone wants to do it, I'm ready to help (this will help learn asm).

[Edit: I pressed Enter before I finished writing...]
Igrek wrote:
The difference is that that only gives numerical answers, not the simplified symbolic answers that this project is trying to achieve. I don't know if that's good or bad, and I know that it would be a challenge to extend symbolic functionality to it, but it's a start.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours