Swivelgames wrote:
(12:45:00 PM) Swivel: Ok. My computer started freaking out. Like a virus attacked it. If you saw the screenshot I uploaded to ImageShack and posted on SAX you'll know what it looked like when it was running well (terrible...)
(12:45:21 PM) Swivel: So I kept doing my thing but was still a bit causious
(12:45:56 PM) Swivel: Everyonce in a while McAfee's script scanning and buffer overflow protection gets disabled
(12:46:04 PM) Swivel: So I have to reenable it
(12:46:44 PM) Swivel: Anyway, so I'm doing a search in My Computer looking for a while I recently edited in my BL folder and all of a sudden I can't right click or anything
(12:47:03 PM) Swivel: All my programs are responding but I can't access the file menu on any of my programs
(12:47:07 PM) Swivel: No right click or anything either
(12:47:18 PM) Swivel: When I tried to close a program it wouldn't allow me to
(12:47:26 PM) Swivel: when I tried to open a program it wouldn't allow me to
(12:47:36 PM) Swivel: its not that I was "denied" it was that it just didn't happen
(12:47:43 PM) Swivel: I click and nothing happens
(12:47:51 PM) Swivel: I could navigate and such in the programs I was in
(12:47:59 PM) Swivel: but could access the file menu or close/open programs
(12:48:17 PM) Swivel: So then I close out the my computer window that's doing the search
(12:48:20 PM) Swivel: everythings back to normal
(12:48:34 PM) Swivel: I'm really suspicious then and I don't know why I didn't just kill it right then
(12:48:39 PM) Swivel: Next
(12:49:25 PM) Swivel: It starts doing it again but this time my task manager WILL open but I can't see anything. The GUI is thoroughly fucked over like you couldn't believe. It was hideous and you couldn't do anything or access any of the menus
12:50
(12:50:02 PM) Swivel: Next I open the My Computer window that was in my BL dir and tried to go back so I could access my WINDOWS folder to open my command prompt
(12:50:11 PM) Swivel: and every time I went UP it went back
(12:50:31 PM) Swivel: my mouse went over the address bar and right clicked and disabled all my menus so I had to use keys
(12:50:50 PM) Swivel: I tried like 2 more times to go up and then yanked my network card cause I knew that it was someone and not a virus
(12:51:08 PM) Swivel: I got control back but I couldn't close/open programs and I couldn't shut down or anything
(12:51:35 PM) Swivel: Eventually I just pulled the plug cause I was panicking
(12:51:51 PM) Swivel: I didn't turn it back on until just this morning when I woke up
(12:52:14 PM) Swivel: I'm currently looking for external harddrives I can use to back up my web development stuff and then I'ma wipe 'er out.
(12:52:17 PM) Swivel: =/
Yeah Personally I think you should be fine as long as you aren't connected to the net. I've never trusted McAfee but anyways I would do exactly as you were planing backup any files you need and do a full reinstall. Its always good to do a full install once in a while clear everything out and see how much faster it runs. BTW which os were you running at the time? This is one thing I like about vista is that most program don't have admin rights so any scripts can't damage major settings on your comp.
Between Spybot S&D, Avast! AV, and the Windows firewall, I've always been happy and virus-free.
TheStorm: Windows XP Media Center Edition. And no you can't make me get Vista. Vista makes me regurgitate all over the place.

KermMartian: Good to hear, I'll definitely try that out.
Progress? Did you get your data backed up and your computer reformatted?
No not yet. From what I can tell it will take about a week before I can have everything up and running. Its going to take a LONG time for me to get the stuff to back up my computer with.

I'm going to be going Dallas tomorrow (120 miles away, about) and up there it'll be a couple days before I order my new harddrive and an enclosure. After I order it'll take another 3 days for it to get here and after that its easy. I'll set it up on my computer after that and back everything up. Formatting and reinstalling XP is as easy as putting in the system recovery disc I received with my computer and watching a meter to 100%.

After that I'm good. It should be about a week or so before I can get my computer back though so sadly I'm going to have to stick with my slow a laptop >.>
@elelelel
WTF kind of bot is that!!?? *admins, to the rescue?*
rthprog wrote:
@elelelel
WTF kind of bot is that!!?? *admins, to the rescue?*
It's a d*uche of human, not a spambot. I can tell by the HTTP request/response intervals. Sad
well, whatever it was, it posted very disturbing images up in tons of topics, which means now the front page looks like crap with all the blanks ><
More disturbing than THIS:

?

Didn't think so.
*sees a similarity between that pic and your avy* o.o

XD

And yes, IT IS TERRIFYING D=
haw haw, windows sucks balls
Did I miss something?
tifreak8x wrote:
*sees a similarity between that pic and your avy* o.o

XD

And yes, IT IS TERRIFYING D=

Agreed 0x5
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Did I miss something?

Something about pr0n I think.
Let's just say that what was seen can not be unseen, and you should be super glad you did not see it. :puke:
alex10819 wrote:

?

Didn't think so.
Holy cow, Nikky, what happened?
KermMartian wrote:
alex10819 wrote:

?

Didn't think so.
Holy cow, Nikky, what happened?

I heard a rumor he sang backing vocals on this here NWH song.

We can certainly say that that video gets a nice solid WTF.

Can we get this thread back on-topic by any chance? Razz
Quote:
Can we get this thread back on-topic by any chance?

Don't think so, if I were you Kerm, i'd just rename it random crap that everyone thinks is funny.

btw, funny vid alex Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours