Hancock, in my opinion, was a fairly decent movie. The plot itself was rather interesting and feels somewhat realistic:

John Hancock (Will Smith) is a profane drunkard that nobody likes but nobody can live without. He's a superhero who catches criminals in whatever fashion he likes, and without a care in the world over property. However, over time he's convinced to clean up his act and he does.

What makes this movie good is that it doesn't have that "superhero charm". Hancock isn't superman. He doesn't save the world while wearing tights and spewing ridiculous one-liners.

The downside to this movie, however, is its lack of a real climax. The events leading up to the ending and the ending itself are satisfactory enough for what the movie is about, but there really wasn't enough action or a suspenseful final battle.
I saw this at the drive-in movie theater, it was pretty good up until it started in on the relationship between him and Angel.
elfprince13 wrote:
I saw this at the drive-in movie theater, it was pretty good up until it started in on the relationship between him and Angel.
I agree. I got around to watching it, and I thought the character of Hancock was good on its own. Adding the relationship just made it cumbersome.
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
I agree. I got around to watching it, and I thought the character of Hancock was good on its own. Adding the relationship just made it cumbersome.

and the whole way they added their combined backgrounds was pretty poorly explained
It felt like the writers wrote the first half of the movie, then some execs somewhere came in and told them they needed to make the movie appeal to a wider audience, not just the big-explosions crowd.
KermMartian wrote:
It felt like the writers wrote the first half of the movie, then some execs somewhere came in and told them they needed to make the movie appeal to a wider audience, not just the big-explosions crowd.

arrrr, that sounds pretty well on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours