This is probably better-suited under the assembly section, but I thought it might get more looks here.

I've created a small remote control program for the 83+/84+ series called remote8x at http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/remote8x.zip . The interesting thing is that it supports both the I/O and direct USB links (tries USB and then falls back on I/O), and it includes the source which has small send/receive routines (entire program is ~826 bytes) to send raw bytes through direct USB, which is something long sought over in the quest for direct USB support in games and other programs.

Just thought I'd put it out there so people know how to make these things.
Sweet I'm downloading it now. Smile
Very nice, Brandon, I presume this is building on your recent direct USB successes, as with UnivOS?
oh snap, I hadn't seen UnivOS, great work!!!! I'm assuming you can send a real OS back to it afterwards?
elfprince13 wrote:
oh snap, I hadn't seen UnivOS, great work!!!! I'm assuming you can send a real OS back to it afterwards?
Indeed you can.

Edit: For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, take a look at UnivOS on Brandon's website: http://www.brandonw.net/
KermMartian wrote:
Very nice, Brandon, I presume this is building on your recent direct USB successes, as with UnivOS?

Yes. UnivOS was a branch of periph8x, which I'm finally making real progress on.

I know people want to use direct USB in their own programs, so I pushed this out so the code would be out there to do it.

With this, we should be able to easily write a TiLP direct USB ROM dumper.
Hmm... was I the one to prompt this? Wink
No, but you're the one most likely to use it.

I had tried to get remote control working for quite a while now, but I was having issues with receiving.
elfprince13 wrote:

Maybe you should look at calcg.org sometime. It is the best site for community news, after all. Smile
allynfolksjr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Maybe you should look at calcg.org sometime. It is the best site for community news, after all. Smile

hmm, it is less hideous than I remember it being. i might add it to my list.
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Best site? You must be forgetting the vivacious and always-fair ticalc.org
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
allynfolksjr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Best site? You must be forgetting the vivacious and always-fair ticalc.org

vivacious and always-fair ROFLMAO... yeah, right... Rolling Eyes
Yes, that was sarcasm. Way to be able to detect sarcasm there. Wink
the use of vivacious in discussion of a calculator site kind of gave that one away Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Yes, that was sarcasm. Way to be able to detect sarcasm there. Wink

Your sarcasm isn't hard to detect Kerm. Razz
elfprince13 wrote:
the use of vivacious in discussion of a calculator site kind of gave that one away Wink
It used to be vivacious, it's just kinda died over the last few years.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours