Well i have been looking for a new car for a while now. Currently i drive an suv so when i started looking for a sedan, head room became an issue. Finally i have found a car that is within my price range and has decent head room; not to mention i test drove it and immediately fell in love with it. The car is a used 2007 ford focus with only 24k miles on it. I am going to end up doing the paper work tomorrow and then i am going to pick it up on thursday(they have to ship the car from Richmond then do cleanup on it). Anyways, here are some pictures:

Looks great! Very Happy I drive an '08 Civic if anyone cares to know.
I don't know much about cars, but as far as I can tell, it looks pretty cool!
Focuses are such a female car. Sure, its new, but I'd take something a bit older that was actually decent :/
Kllrnohj wrote:
Focuses are such a female car.

You calling me feminine? Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
Focuses are such a female car. Sure, its new, but I'd take something a bit older that was actually decent :/

Actually, they're a Gay Car. I don't know where this site got this from though, because last time I checked, I'm not gay and I've owned a Focus since 2003. I bought it because I wanted something good on gas and every Ford I've owned got me from point A to B without dying. Especially the 1987 Grand Marquis I had which wouldn't die even though my dad tried to kill it.

The only reason I know it's on the list is because a lot of my dad's friends built Chevy Cobalts in Lordstown and they loved to remind me of this even though GM leads the list with at least 5 cars on it. In fact I pray that the Chevy Cobalt makes that list someday.

At least the Dodge Challenger and Charger made the list this year, so the Dodge people will shut up now.

Back on topic, they are great cars. I haven't had any major trouble other than wear and tear and I got 68000 on mine. The only caveats I have with mine is that they hate cold weather (stupid things break when it drops below 0 and the doors like to freeze up and lock you out of the car) and they cup tires like crazy, which is great when you got the 16' tires and they cost an arm and a leg. I heard they fixed the tire cupping in the 2005 and beyond models and no one else I know that has a focus seems to have the cold weather problem, so It might be a fluke, but if you're living in Virgina cold weather shouldn't be a problem.
lafferjm wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Focuses are such a female car.

You calling me feminine? Rolling Eyes

...Yes, especially since you had to ask.

@Fryed: Stereotyping, inappropriate comment edited by Kerm about the Ford Focus!
Nice, lafferjm, are you going to mod it out at all? Laughing
um, no Very Happy . With the payment, insurance, college, and gas, i will never have any money to do all that.
lafferjm wrote:
um, no Very Happy . With the payment, insurance, college, and gas, i will never have any money to do all that.
Aww, I'm disappointed in you. Sad Not even a bluetooth PAN or something and perhaps a heads-up display on your windshield? Very Happy
I'm broke and I managed to get streaming audio over bluetooth installed Razz Its pretty cool to stream stuff from desktop back home over cell wireless to my phone which then sends the audio over bluetooth to my car stereo Very Happy
Well im not that big on customizing cars anyway. And as of 3:20 pm today, i am $12,000 in debt. Can't wait to pick it up after school tomorrow. And it is going to be a big difference from the SUV that i currently drive(not my car, it is my parents and the lent it out to me). I am really excited about it too.
I'm a bit late here, but I <3 Civics (my dad drives an '06 civic and it's amazing).

I drive a '94 Corolla wagon with 288k miles on it Smile.
Wow, that is a lot of miles for one car, does it give you any problems since it is so well used.
The Tari wrote:
I'm a bit late here, but I <3 Civics (my dad drives an '06 civic and it's amazing).

I hate civics simply because stupid ricers pretend they are fast, and civics get rapped the most often, so civics suck! I'm sure its a fine car for its INTENDED use, but I rarely see a civic without a fart can on it.. Laughing
lafferjm wrote:
Wow, that is a lot of miles for one car, does it give you any problems since it is so well used.

It runs fine, although one of the dash lights is out and I don't think the airbag works.
Kllrnohj wrote:
The Tari wrote:

I hate civics simply because stupid ricers pretend they are fast, and civics get rapped the most often, so civics suck! I'm sure its a fine car for its INTENDED use, but I rarely see a civic without a fart can on it.. 0x5

I have an '08 Civic and I DEFINITELY did not buy it for racing...I bought it for it's 32MPG so I can fill my tank with $40 and get about...350 to 400 miles.

I leave the racing on my cousin's V8 Dodge Charger...I haven't lost a drag on one of those. Razz
Hmm. I started out in a 1998 Ranger x4, getting about 17mpg, then gas went way up, so I got an on road/off road motorcycle that gets roughy 60mpg+ Then it would not stop raining, so I took a car that was abandoned and we ended up with, and dropping an engine from a car that was given to us that was crashed, and making it drive. Very Happy I have like, $300 wrapped up in the car and it gets roughly 30mpg. It is a 1991 Mercury Tracer btw...
Its kinda necro post but I figured this was the best place to post my new wheels a 1999 toyota tacoma Manual transmission extended cab.
That truck looks like it needs so many blue LEDs. Just blue LEDs everywhere.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours