I had this hanging around on my hard drive for a while, figured I might as well publish it. Nothing special; this program can convert to and from bases between 2 and 36. It's about 500 bytes. Weeee.

BaseConv 1.0

Make it do decimals and it becomes better than 99.910% of base converters out there.
haveacalc wrote:
Make it do decimals and it becomes better than 99.910% of base converters out there.
Hmm, not a bad idea, I should put that on my to-do list. Right now I'm more interested in cleaning out my folder of old programs I never got around to releasing.
Weregooses code for this (from his site):

Quote:

Code:
PROGRAM:BASECONV
:int(round(BfPart(NB^seq(I,I,‾int(ln(N)/ln(B))-1,‾1

Returns a list containing the digits of N in base B.

Limitations/Known Issues

Fails for inputs less than 1 for N and less than 2 for B.

Other Notes

To specify a dimension, change the begin argument to ‾value.
I use a similar algorithm.

In other news, in a fit of nothing-better-to-do, I imported information for 23 files from my ticalc.org profile etc, fixing about 40 orphaned zips. I'll try to keep fixing them more regularly to help remove some of the backlog between files in the new archives with info (236 entries found) and zips that need database entries (568 files and folders were found).

Edit: Note to self: Add recent files box to the beta.cemetech.net homepage.
I remember when you sent this program to me 13 months ago Very Happy
Pseudoprogrammer wrote:
I remember when you sent this program to me 13 months ago Very Happy
Huh, I actually barely remember that now that I think about it. Anyway, did another 26 entries today, finishing off about 50 more zip files from the list. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours