Does anyone know of a good flat file forum? I am making a website on a server that I do not have a database on, and I can not change servers, so I need a flat file based forum, and I need it to not require an email to register, as many of the people that need to register do not have email.
teemz
what is the website for that? Is it teemz.com, they no longer offer it.
google it
I did, it came up with the website mentioned above, there they said it is no longer available for download, and they will not offer support.
e-blah is what bluecrimson uses and it's worked pretty good so far. They have the original flat file version as well as an SQL version in beta. support is really good and is GPL sourced.

http://www.eblah.com
http://www.eblah.com/demo.php <-a demo of the forum. it's an older version but it gives you a feel of the admin and overall interface.

There's also Iconboard, but I wouldn't recommend them as of late. Seems to be going downhill since it changes ownership once every 3-6 months or so.

Both of these require CGI. Havne't seen any PHP based flat ones but I really haven't been looking for one either.
thanks, though I might or might not have cgi, I will check
I'm not sure what flat file forum means, but if you're looking for a forum that doesn't need a database, check out Yabb. I used it once on a server that my friend gave me limited access to, so I couldn't create a database.
magicdanw wrote:
I'm not sure what flat file forum means, but if you're looking for a forum that doesn't need a database, check out Yabb. I used it once on a server that my friend gave me limited access to, so I couldn't create a database.
Yabb also uses perl/cgi, though, which he's not sure if he's allowed to use.
magicdanw wrote:

Psh, it's a file forum that's flat, of course. There's a nice video about them here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours