Quote:
My latest project that, was released quickly after it started, is the Concatenation Script.
If you have ever use EasyMOD then this will be good for you use. This script reads .mod.dat files and uses its own personal syntax to run file edits and SQL queries EXTREMELY quickly and painlessly. This script is great when you need an easy and label-less install or update script for your personal scripts.

What does it do?
    This script use simple syntax to execute functions such as adding or replacing content in a file or running any type of MySQL query.

When I'm ready to use the script,
how do I create my own .mod.dat file?
    Most of you already know how to create a new file with a custom extension, especially if you're a programmer. Just create a file with the .mod.dat extension and then read my tutorial on writing you're own install or update mod file.

This script can be used to modify any type of file for any purpose and should help anyone in creating something like an updater script or an add-on installer script. I will probably develop this further and work on other functions and uses for this script, as there are many possible uses already.

I do ask though: please keep the author info in the file.

I'll be updating the current release because I just made added SQL query support. Once I'm done updating it I will release a link of it.

NOTE: When you download it, comment out or delete define("DEBUG_FILE",true); if you don't like the output. The file will of course need some modifying if you mean to use it for your own things.
Very nicely done, I can see a lot of instances where this would be very helpful. Now you need a tool that can diff old and new versions and automatically created .mod.dat files.
Thanks.

And yeah, I'm planning on it. That was one of the main things I was hoping to add to this.

I also have a more functions I would definitely like to add to it. Like a variable define function, something like: "# get VARIABLE_NAME TITLE_ON_FORM". This way you can use forms to define user-specific virtual variables that is unique to the mod file. (e.g. "# get TheUsersName Name:" would output a form: "Name: [TEXT_INPUT]" and would then on refer to TheUsersName as what was inputted.)

Theres a lot of other things I'm looking at adding too... a mod file validator, and even a mod database.

Heres how the mod database would work: You would have users that register for the mod database and then could go through wizards and what not to create their own mod files easily. After the mod files are created, they could then be called by an install_mod.php through the mod get variable. Then, when someone would run the install_mod.php?mod=THE_MODS_TITLE then it would check the mod database on my server and retrieve the latest version of that mod and install it onto the server. Of course, when someone runs the install_mod.php it would need to have a username and password or just a password to install it, that way minimizing the risk of other users installing mods. I have it all planned out on how to do this and I'm planning on working on it for a while.

Though, at the moment I am working on 3 different projects including this one. And the other two rely somewhat on this project because I would like to use this project for installing and updating my projects.

But for now its got a somewhat buggy/VERY_UNSAFE version up on my website. I released the link for a little bit but then took it down because I wanted to work on it a bit more and fix any security holes (there are many XD).

I'm almost finished with the releasable version, but for now you'll have to be patient if you want to see it. I should have a releasable version by this weekend. If not that means that my third project was started (this one is more important because it involves money 0x5)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours