08. Wootage. No more sh*tty 07. Lets hope I pass my semester exams coming up...
Happy New Year everyone! Smile
yay! I should have called someone in a previous timezone so I could transcend the years... hmmm... need to remember that. I wonder if I know anyone in california...?

Happy 2008! =)
Harq wrote:
yay! I should have called someone in a previous timezone so I could transcend the years... hmmm... need to remember that. I wonder if I know anyone in california...?

Happy 2008! =)
Hehe, I celebrated by watching the Times Square ball drop on a big TV in 13.3 sound. Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:

Happy 2008! =)
Hehe, I celebrated by watching the Times Square ball drop on a big TV in 13.3 sound. 0x5

I talked to friends on skype before and after, runnning outside 15 seconds before new years counting under my breath =P
Happy New Year, everyone...
Except me. I'm stuck in 2007 for another hour and a half.
jfabi82 wrote:
Happy New Year, everyone...
Except me. I'm stuck in 2007 for another hour and a half.
By now you should have joined the rest of us in 2008, no?
Edit: nope, you still have another 15 minutes.
KermMartian wrote:
By now you should have joined the rest of us in 2008, no?
Edit: nope, you still have another 15 minutes.
Yep, that's what you get for living in California, you get to watch the NYC ball drop on TV TWICE.

HappyNewYr.!
One of these years, I am going to head on off to Port Clinton, Ohio and watch them drop the walleye (20ft, 600lb fiberglass walleye to be exact).
What do you mean? They drop them into water? Or they drop them the way the ball in Times Square is dropped?
KermMartian wrote:
Hehe, I celebrated by watching the Times Square ball drop on a big TV in 13.3 sound. 0x5

Kerm, I sincerely doubt that they broadcast in 13.3 sound. You were probably listening in stereo or at best 5.1 sound converted to all the speakers =P Very Happy
Oh c'mon, you seriously think that they would broadcast something in 13.3 sound? ROFL

HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE! Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
What do you mean? They drop them into water? Or they drop them the way the ball in Times Square is dropped?

similar to Times Square (btw, it is only one fish).
link: http://www.walleyemadness.com/
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Kerm, I sincerely doubt that they broadcast in 13.3 sound. You were probably listening in stereo or at best 5.1 sound converted to all the speakers =P Very Happy
Well, the sound source was stereo at best (possibly mono - drat you Fox News), but the sound system handling it has 13.3 separable channels. Very Happy
KermMartian wrote:
Harq wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Well, the sound source was stereo at best (possibly mono - drat you Fox News), but the sound system handling it has 13.3 separable channels. Very Happy

psh, I get as many channels as I need just walking outside Razz
lol?

Are you talking about the sound of nature? Thats not really a speaker system...
swivelgames wrote:
0x5?

Are you talking about the sound of nature? Thats not really a speaker system...

Well if you think about it...

Yeah that was actually sarcasm, but now that I do think about it it is a giant speaker system without magnets =P
Speaking of speaker systems without magnets, who wants a fan subwoofer? Very Happy Well, that has magnets too, but not in the conventional speaker sense.
Fan subwoofer?

Unless the acceleration is extremely fast, I'm not sure how you would go from silent to a big boom with a fan that needs to get up to speed... 0.o

Do explain, I'm interested Very Happy
swivelgames wrote:
Fan subwoofer?

Unless the acceleration is extremely fast, I'm not sure how you would go from silent to a big boom with a fan that needs to get up to speed... 0.o

Do explain, I'm interested Very Happy

It is constantly spinning but the blades rotate when their is a sound (similiar to a helicopter). If Kerm is talking about the same one I am, then it is also the only subwoofer capable of putting out a 1hz sound

http://www.sonicflare.com/archives/eminent-tech-trw-17-the-most-powerful-subwoofer-in-the-world.php

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours